News ticker - specify category?

Hi. Is there a way of specifying the category the news ticker draws upon? Thanks.

Hello,

I’m not sure what exactly you want to achieve, can you please provide more details?

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

So at the moment, the news ticker draws on the latest posts across all categories/subcategories. Is there a way of having it there but only drawing from posts in just one category - so, for example, from politics, or food, or travel etc etc.?

Okay, can you please provide a link to your website and some explanatory screenshots?

You can use some link shortener if you don’t want to leave the link to your site in this topic.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

great-mag-ticker

So - ideally - my client/boss would like this to be drawing on only one category.

He’d really like it as a ticker too - i.e. the post titles appearing to type out…

And for extra brownie points for me - the css to skin this so there’s a coloured box as the background.

Any clues hugely appreciated.

Hello, thank you for the screenshot.

So - ideally - my client/boss would like this to be drawing on only one category.

You can try to add this row into the inc/functions/functions-header.php file:

'category_name' => 'example'

…right below this (row 225):

'ignore_sticky_posts' => true

But please note that you’ll have to repeat this modification after each theme update.

He’d really like it as a ticker too - i.e. the post titles appearing to type out…

I don’t think that there is an easy way to do it, unfortunately.

And for extra brownie points for me - the css to skin this so there’s a coloured box as the background.

You can try to add this CSS code in Customize → Additional CSS section.

.top-header > .container > .row > .col-sm-8 {
    background-color: rgba(255, 0, 0, 0.2);
}

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support