News link not working in ditty news ticker

I am using plugin Ditty News Ticker. I added it to the header.php below header.

<?php if(function_exists('ditty_news_ticker')){ditty_news_ticker(670);} ?>

My problem is i cannot click the link when placed at the top. when i place at other part, i can click it and the link opens but when placed at above position its not working.i cannot click the link. you can check in npnef.org. Either i need it at the top or at the bottom of the slider image so that it can be seen when i open the site without scrolling down. but i was unable to place the tikcer at the bottom of the slider too. so how can i make my ticker news clickable ?

Hi,

You can make the top bar to appear above the header and the links in it to be clickable with this Custom CSS:

.mtphr-dnt {
    z-index: 999999 !important;
    position: absolute;
    left: 0;
    right: 0;
    top: 0;
    width: 100%;
    background: #e26900;
}

Please add the above CSS to your Child Theme’s style.css or in case you haven’t setup a Child Theme already, then you can also add the CSS to wp-admin -> Appearance -> Customizer -> Additional CSS so you won’t loose the changes after Theme or WordPress updates.

Please let me know how it works.

Kind Regards,
Csaba

It’s working great :grinning: Thank you so much.

can you please tell me how can i change text colour and background colour too of ditty news ticker?

Hi,

The background color you can change in the previous CSS I gave you, just replace the hex color code “#e26900” with your hex or rgb color code after background-color:

The text color can be changed with this Custom CSS:

.mtphr-dnt a {
    color: white !important;
}

Please let me know how it works.

Kind Regards,
Csaba

Its working great sir! Thank you so much!!!

Hi,

Great! You’re most welcome! If you need help with anything else, please open a new topic.

Have a nice day!

Kind Regards,
Csaba