Need help with Static Front Page and Widgets

Hello,

I love this theme! Its elegant and user-friendly. I am just having a little trouble getting the static front page to behave the way I would like.

1. The default sidebar is showing up on the home page and i can’t figure out how to stop it from showing up. I followed the tutorial and saw where you added a sidebar below, but this is showing up from the very top. (see screenshot).

2. The images in the top row (widget = featured images) are all different sizes and don’t mesh together nicely like your demo images. Is there a way to autocrop so that the images do fit together nicely (see screenshot). It is the same with the images in the second row (widget = multiple categories).

3. Is there a way to remove the meta information (author, date) below the images so that there is not too much clutter)?

4. Can I turn off comments as well as title on the front page?

Thanks so much for your help!

Heather

oops - can’t post a screenshot. but the page isn’t published so can I email a screenshot?

Hello there,

For screenshots, please use this service: https://cloudup.com; and share its link here.

Regards,
Kharis

Thank you Kharis, Here is how the first row on the front page looks:

front page, top row

Here’s how the second row looks:

Cloudup

Thank you!

I don’t know why the first image didn’t show up. Here it is again:

front page top row

I can’t figure out why its loading. Maybe you can go to the image directly? https://cloudup.com/c9aIxXEbo8p

Hello there,

> 1

From page editing panel, find and delete the widget that says “GreatMag: Sidebar”

> 2

Your original image size should be at least 1200px x 850px.

> 3

To remove it, add the following CSS code into Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS:

.post-meta {
  display: none;
}

> 4

Edit your front page, in the Page Attributes, enable the Builder template.

Regards,
Kharis

Ah! The Page Attributes: Builder template was the trick I needed! I think that got rid of the sidebar, because there was never any widget with the sidebar in it. It also made the pictures mesh together very nicely, without me having to change any of the dimensions.

You’re awesome! Thanks so much for your help!