Navigation,Menu Bar Overlapping Images

Hi again,

I have a couple questions:

1. I had to utilize the widget “gallery” in order to get the aesthetic I was aiming for a specific feature of my site. Here’s a link to the page: http://www.stilehomes.net/we-do-it-with-stile/our-signature-homes/the-stile-sandy-home/the-stile-sandy-home/

The problem is when you scroll through the images the viewfinder sits behind the translucent navigation bar. It happens both when viewing from a desktop and mobile. The issue is magnified when viewing from mobile bkz of the small screen space. Is there a way to fix this without sacrificing the size of my logo and the cool moving nav bar effect?

and

1. This really ties in with above. I’d like my nav bar to look like this (another moesia site) http://www.ghstoryboards.com, if at all possible. Any ideas? I was able to do the scroll effect utilizing this for the button link: #site-navigation, but I’m having a hard time making the navigation item visible after the scroll effect. My only work around was increasing the size of the logo in turn increasing the size of the menu-content spacing. How can I reduce the menu content spacing so that its snug to the top and bottom of the logo image?

Thanks again.
A

1. The plugin you’re using has a smaller z-index than the menu. Use this to change it:

#fancybox-wrap {
    z-index: 99999;
}

1. Might be the late hour, but I understand close to nothing. I see you’ve added the button which goes right at the top of the nav bar when clicked, as it should. Not sure what the issue is here?

regarding #2 I think what I’m trying to get at is, how do I decrease the “padding” on the navigation bar. I think that’s the term, and I think that will do the trick for me.

But you already decreased from the default 40 to 30 using the option in Customize > Menu. So I guess you found the option :slight_smile:

i did, but i still wasn’t getting exactly what i was hoping for - 35 is lowest i can go without losing sight of the navigation bar items after hitting the “scroll to start” button. no worries though because after playing with it a bit even at 5 which visually i like a bit more, the menu height actually increases as soon as you begin to physically scroll.

moral of the story no worries - it works just fine.

thanks again for you help!

cheers.

never mind - got it! i needed to adjust both menu bar height and menu bar height (sticky).

thx.