My whole layout just got messed up (URGENT)

All of a sudden, my website is messed up, and I have no idea why. I tried restoring earlier versions through Elementor, but that doens’t change anything. Some examples:

• On my homepage, the header images suddenly dissappeared. I haven’t even been working on this page.
  • My [portfolio](http://www.fotogenikki.nl/portfolio-paardenfotografie/) shows a big white background in the header, behind the ‘portfolio’ title
  • The text blocks on my workshop page suddenly have a black background, instead of the background image

I wasn’t even working on any of these subjects when this happened, neither did I update any plugin… The only thing I recall changing was the url / permalink of some of these pages (but not the homepage for example, which also chagned). Any help or thoughts are much appreciated, thanks.

I tried to restore a backup through DirectAdmin, and even that didn’t work. My header on the homepage is still missing, the boxes have a black background, etc. Wtf.

Even restoring yesterday’s backup didn’t work. I now manually changed al backgrounds to transparant again, but any thoughts on how this happened would be nice.

I also added the slider again since it had just gone missing (: I now added aThemes: Slider through Elementor, but it’s not quite the same as the one I used to have. With this slider I keep seeing the little squares in the header (which didn’t show up before) and I can only change the entrance animation, while before I was able to change the animation duration and make the photos slowly fade into eachother.

Ah, also. The airi slider that I used now (instead of the one my website used to have right before this happened) is not responsive at all.

Hello there,

Try adding a custom class name to your Elementor widget of your slider resides at the most top. And add this CSS code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS from dashboard.

@media only screen and (max-width: 1024px) {
      .your-slider-class .elementor-widget-container {
        padding-top: 0 !important;
      }
    }  

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Thanks for your reply Kharis! I added the CSS but am a bit lost as how to do the above? (I don’t have elementor pro, by the way).

Also I’m still missing the original slow fade effect it had.

Also, any thoughts on how exactly this whole thing with the layout could have happened in the first place? (That way I can prevent it in the future) I’m a bit lost on how it can be that even restoring my backups didn’t help…

I added the CSS but am a bit lost as how to do the above? (I don’t have elementor pro, by the way).

Custom class name option is also available in the free version. It is located under the Advanced tab of widget settings.

Also I’m still missing the original slow fade effect it had.

As checked, you’re using Smart Slider module. Perhaps this documentation could help you with the slide transition effect configuration.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support