My site origin widgets no longer come up

all of a sudden my site origin widgets are no longer showing up when trying to edit my pages…the text is present in the visual tab, as well as the code is present in the text tab.

i tried deactivating all my plug ins and then reactivating them and this caused more problems…now my homepage doesn’t show my sliders or the tabs to go to my dashboard…all my other pages seem fine, just my homepage (no slider, menu colour all different)…

please help.

Hello,

Do you have a backup to restore?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman, I’m not really sure if I have a back up? I’ve never made a website before and just followed the tutuorial on building the website via wordpress

How can I check for a back up?

Well, you can ask your hosting provider if there is automatic backup.

Please remember about importance of regular full site backups (files and database):
https://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Backups

Kind Regards, Roman.

I contacted my hosting company, they do backups and backed up my website from a week ago, and now the widgets are there again, however a whole bunch of new problems are occurring, they are telling me its an issue with .htaccess codes???

Can you help me with this?

Thank you

Hello,

It doesn’t look like a theme issue, and it seems to require close inspection, this goes beyond our support policy. As an option, you can contact Codeable for this kind of service, or find a reputable freelancer on Upwork.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

If I purchase the premium theme, can the support possibly help with my issue? It seems now the only issue is with my homepage and the built in slider not showing the photos. However on the tablet & smart phone it shows the 5 photos but not in slider format, just static.

Also only on the homepage desktop mode, the background menu colour doesn’t show up anymore, but does on the tablet & smartphone versions? I would like to pay for the premium theme, could this issue be looked into further then.

All my other pages are working fine now and the widgets are back.

Please let me know.

Thank

Chris

Hello Chris,

I don’t think that purchasing a theme will make difference in your case.

But I can check your website if you provide a link to it.

Kind Regards, Roman.

here is my website www.premiumriskservices.com

Thank you.

Good morning Roman,

Here is the information you need

hidden

Please let me know if you can assist. Thank you.

Chris

Hello Chris,

Please don’t post admin credentials in public places like this forum (I asked for a link only). I didn’t see an easy fix, unfortunately. Please change that user account password or delete it if it was temporary.

You can try to rebuild your website in a staging environment or locally and see if it works as it should (then you will be able to move rebuilt website to production environment). Please remember about importance of regular full site backups (files and database):
https://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Backups

Here are helpful tutorials:

Kind Regards, Roman.