My header looks nothing like the theme demo

The 2 screenshots attached show what the header on my front page looks like before I scroll. As you can see, I have changed the pictures from the demo site I downloaded but there is no social or contact information at the top of the screen.

The second screenshot shows what the page looks like immediately after I start to scroll down - a horrible black bar fills the top quarter of the screen.

Please can you help!?

Thanks!

Better second screenshot now attached.

Hello there,

From your site admin area, visit Appearance > Customize > Header area > Menu style; then try enabling static menu.

Regards,
Kharis

Please can you help with the overlap of logo/page title and menu by side widget? I would like the page title and widgets to be lower on the page…

Hello there,

The solution might be special CSS code. In order to help me get the exact code, please share a link to that page.

Regards,
Kharis

Here you go:

http://xju.2a7.myftpupload.com/about-us/

Thanks!

Hello there,

Thank you for sharing. Please try adding this CSS code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS from dashboard.

.site-header {
  position: static !important;
}

Regards,
Kharis

Sorry - that just changes the proble:

I really just want the header to look the same as on the demo site!

Hi Kharis,

Please can you help with the problem shown in the screenshot above? The change you suggested fixed the overlap but created a new problem - far too thick padding (I think) around the menu or logo, which now looks nothing like the demo site.

Thanks!,

Tim.

Hello Tim,

Please try removing all custom CSS code applied for the site’s header. In customizer, navigate to Header area > Header type; and enable “No header (only menu)” for Site header type.

Regards,
Kharis

Thanks Kharis - looks much better now!

You’re welcome!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis