Muted header video in Moesia

There are a couple other posts resolving the muting of the video header via a main.js file. This file doesn’t seem to exist in Moesia however. Is there a way to unmute the video in Moesia without reverting to the Rev slider?

Thanks.

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out to us here.

I guess you are using the pro version of Moesia. The video header background is handled in this function in the main theme’s functions.php file.

/**
 * Video background
 */
function moesia_video() {
	if ( get_theme_mod('video_display') ) { ?>
		<script>
		jQuery(function($) {
				$('.video-background').videobackground({
					videoSource: [['<?php echo esc_url(get_theme_mod('video_link_mp4')); ?>', 'video/mp4'],
						['<?php echo esc_url(get_theme_mod('video_link_ogv')); ?>', 'video/ogg']],
					poster: '<?php echo esc_url(get_theme_mod('video_link_img')); ?>',
					loop: true,
					muted: true
				});
		});
		</script>
	<?php }
}
add_action('wp_head', 'moesia_video', 1000);

To unmute, change muted value to false.

There is no way to override this function in the child theme. Thus, you should edit it directly in the main theme which practically isn’t a recommended way to do. You should take it at your own risk, future theme update will remove the changes you’ve made.

Regards,
Kharis

Thank you Kharis. That worked great. I have several other changes I have to make outside the child theme at each update anyway so I’ve just added this to list. Many of the changes are in widgets which don’t allow for child theme customization either it seems.

Thank you again for your expertise.

No problem. Just go easy on it. Yes, you are right. The widget templates can’t be overwritten from child theme.

Please feel free to open a new topic if you need other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis