Multiple Categories only shown in 1 category on frontpage

Hello Athemes,

I run http://www.thinkingoftravel.com/ where I write about hotels. I have categories for each country and also a category called Hotels.

My last post was about a hotel in Nice where I categorized it under France and Hotels, which means that it shows both under Destinations and Hotels on the frontpage. I tried making Hotels the primary category, but it did not help.

Is there a way to make it visible in only one category on the front page? Help and advise is much appreciated. Many thanks in advance!

Hi,

If you want to show posts only for a single category, then you must separate your categories or post the post in one single category, because if you have Destinations as parent, Hotels as sub, then the post will show in both areas, so if you separate those, so Hotel as Parent Destinations as an other parent ( separated ) and post the Post in Hotels, then it will not show in Destinations category.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hi Csaba,

It makes sense that if a post has 2 categories it should show up in both. I was hoping for a workaround though. :slight_smile:

Thanks and take care!

Hi,

Unfortunately there is no good work-around, so you have to assign the post in a separate category ( in case you don’t want to show in both / multiple categories ).

If you need help with anything else, please open a new topic.

Best Regards,
Csaba