Multilingual perth

Hi,

I am wondering is it possible to make multilingual page with perth or perth pro? I need page in English and Finnish. If its not possible do you know any perth compatible plugins and how they basicly work?

Thank you for your help and best wishes

Mikko from cold Finland

Hello Mikko,

As I understand, you want to build a multilingual website.

You can get such functionality with a multilanguage plugin, there are several excellent translation plugins out there, but each one with its own pros and cons. So I suggest you to read about each of them and make your own decision.

WPML. Paid, premium product. Great plugin with great support. One of the most popular ways to translate the site.

Polylang. Free. Very similar to WPML, and in some way compatible with it. It can use WPML’s wpml-config.xml file (so if the theme is compatible with WPML, it is in most cases compatible with Polylang). You might want to read this page.

qTranslate X. Free. It is also very popular translation plugin, but it works differently (it stores all translations in one post/page). It is the successor of qTranslate plugin.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

Thank you for your advise. What if I want only one page in english and 4pages in finnish? I am planning to make somekind of “summary” -page only in english. I would like that the page would have Finnish and English Flags in header.

How to make the flags and I if I make only one page in english how I can overturn “english” page’s finnish language selection settings(I have in Wordpress settings Finnish as language)?

Mikko

Hello Mikko,

I think that you still have to use a plugin in order to translate whole page (not only page content) and get a language switch with flags. However, I’m not sure how it will work with such partial translation.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi,

Is it possible to make just the flags in the top menu of the page with your (additional css) help?
I can handle the page in english language.

br.

Mikko

Mikko, you can try to use Menu Icons plugin for that.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thanks Roman, that is all I need :).

Best regards

Mikko

You are welcome Mikko! And have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello, Roman.
We are lost in the translation.
I don’t want a multilingual site. My site is not a news blog, but a plain site with 5 pages on English and 5 pages on Spanish.
If you check the old theme I use, www.itswebsites.com/wp/ it shows one primary menu and one secondary menu.
I did not notice before that all your themes have only one menu what create me a problem purchasing the developer subscription, because my customers likes sites with two menus.
Please try to develop themes with a secondary menu.
Thanks for your support.