Multi column widget padding

Hello! I’m really enjoying the pro template I purchased! a couple questions so far…

one is whenever I try to put two widgets in the same row, specifically the skills and employees widgets, I get a lot of horizontal padding that I don’t want.

Also, when I create link for a custom post type (employees) and I only want to reveal the first 3 employees and provide the link to the full page, it says see all of our employees and I would prefer it to say see all of our products (I want to change the employees post type to a products post type). The same goes for services, I want it to say policies instead.

Also, is there any way to customize the look of the projects lightbox? Possibly include a title on the thumbnail and a description in the enlarged window?

Are there any shortcodes available for this theme?
Thank you so much for your help!

Would there perhaps be a way to include the skills widget in the employees custom post type? It would be nice to have a little skills graph beneath every employee if thats possible.

Hello,

• can you post a link to your website? And I’ll give you some code to reduce the padding because it’s probably going to need to be specific to your site.
  • those strings are translatable, so you can change them to what you need. Either manually by using the included .pot file, either with the help of a plugin.
  • nope, it’s not possible to add titles or descriptions on the lightbox.
  • shortcodes don’t belong in themes, so no, there aren’t any available.
  • the skills thing is also not possible. It would require a lot of customization to do.

Thanks for the help!

If you go to the products section you’ll see what I’m trying to do.
I want the product on the left hand side and the stats on the right, I want the product image to fill the div its inside of and to be centered.

I tried applying the following custom CSS, but it changes the way the products are displayed on the front page, which I want to keep in a responsive stack (3 up in a large screen view, two up in mid, and 1 up small.)

.employees-area .container {
width: 100%;
}
.employee {
}

if I don’t do this it looks like it resizes the product post to 1/3 of the div it is in, so its 1/3 of a 1/3 of a div and I want it to fill the entire 1/3. Does that make sense?

also is there a way to make an employee post a link?

sorry for all the questions…
When I select 1 employee to be posted instead of all is there a way to specify which employee is shown? I can only seem to show the 1st one in the stack and can’t find a way to specify which individual one I want to display.

Thanks!

and… is there a way to change the way the array list of employees is displayed? Right now its going z-a not a-z…

I’m sorry, you’re going to need to make a screenshot and draw on it, I can’t seem to understand what you’re trying to do. If you’re trying to make the employees area full width you need to add this:

.employees-area .container {
    max-width: 100%;
}

You can create categories for your employees and make the widget display only from that category. The category can have 1 employee or as many as you want: https://athemes.com/documentation/moesia/#category

You can use a plugin, like this one, to arrange the custom posts in the exact order you want.

Is there a way to make the height of the header image to scale relative to the display size so that the full menu is always beneath the header and displayed before scrolling?

There is a way that does this more or less, but it won’t work in older browsers. Something like this:

@media only screen and (min-width: 1025px) {
.has-banner {
    max-height: 80vh;
}
}

Use this instead of the other max-height you’re using and adjust 1025px to the screen width from which you want the code to be applied. Also 80vh can be adjusted if you want.
You might also want to align your header image since it’s very small:

.has-banner {
    text-align: center;
}

Here is another way to do this with a bit of jQuery I just wrote. You would need to install this plugin to hold your code and add this:

jQuery(function($) {
	if ( $(window).width() > 1024 ) {
		var height = $(window).height();
                var topBar = $('.top-bar').height();
		$('.has-banner').css('max-height', height-topBar);
		$(window).resize(function() {
			var height = $(window).height();
        	        var topBar = $('.top-bar').height();
			$('.has-banner').css('max-height', height-topBar);
		});
	}
});

Be sure to remove your max-height: 550px first from your custom CSS plugin.

Great thanks! That worked perfectly!

Is there a way to do the same thing for the revolution slider in moesia pro?

Nope, but you don’t need to make Revolution full height, you can just use as big as you need it to be.

In your archive file I found this support comment for custom posts:
<?php
/* Include the Post-Format-specific template for the content.
* If you want to override this in a child theme, then include a file
* called content-___.php (where ___ is the Post Format name) and that will be used instead.
*/
get_template_part( ‘content’, get_post_format();
?>

I am interested in integrating my own custom post type with Moesia Pro via a child theme, however I am having minimal success as a byproduct of my experience with WP. My current objective is simple for the most part, I wish to make it so that when a user is redirected to one of these custom posts the layout is full width rather than including the sidebar or space for the sidebar. I have somewhat successfully accomplished this for the archive-___.php file of a custom post and how it is displayed, however I cannot seem to properly get this document to reference the content-___.php for the custom post. Would you be willing to elaborate on some of the details behind how to create a custom post type, page template, content type, and widget, or perhaps have some helpful references to really understand the relationship between all of these components? Thanks again!

Also is there a way to adjust the maximum amount of posts for a given post type so that it doesn’t display ‘older posts’ as a button option?

That comment refers to post formats (quote, image etc). You’re talking about custom post types, which is a different thing.
See here about the single tempate for CPTs.

So you would be basically need to copy single.php, rename it to single_yourcpt.php and remove the call for the sidebar. After that add the already defined fullwidth class next to content-area.

Alternatively, you can achieve the same effect with CSS:

.single-yourcpt .widget-area {
   display: none;
}
.single-yourcpt .content-area {
}

I got this to work by copying and pasting the single post document into a new docuemtn called single-.php ( being whatever custom post type), I then erased the sidebar php reference.

would there be a way to make it so that the single-___.php file does not have a slider banner image however does have the main menu?

No, you can only turn it off for all secondary pages from Welcome Area, not just for those CPTs. Only way to do it just for those single CPTs would be to add a new header file.