Move location of 'below header widget'

trying to insert a secondary menu above slider throughout the site
need both menus to look similar, so I need to find css for the top menu as well

Hello @topnotch,

It looks like this issue requires some coding and testing, this goes beyond our support policy. It’s considered advanced customization. As an option, you can find a reputable freelancer on Upwork for this kind of service.

Kind Regards, Roman.

I understand. My work-around will be to reduce the height of the slider for the home page header. I’ve found instructions for accomplishing that. And internally, I’ll assign my secondary menu in the header.
Meanwhile, even if I have to leave the secondary menu below the home page slider using the “Below the Slider” widget, I will still need to format it to look like the primary menu. Where do I find the css that styles that menu?
Thanks so much for your help.

@topnotch, it doesn’t seem to be an easy task either because you’ll have to handle mobile view as well. There is even some JS code for default mobile menu functionality.

Anyway, you can find some menu CSS code in style.css file, row 683-935, 3539-3541, 3579-3585, 3656-3659, 3663-3665. Menu JS code can be found in main.js file, row 95-135 (please note that the file has minified version).

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thanks, Roman. You are a great help.
I am working my way through this and finding things pretty well. However, I still have a couple of questions. As I put my new custom menu in the “below header widget”, where do I find the ID or class identifier of the widget so as to style (and call) the completed menu? I’ve looked in the widgets folder in the parent theme, but don’t see it there.
This is such a beautiful theme - I’m sure my client will be thrilled! Thanks, again for your expertise.

Hello @topnotch,

Can you please provide a link to your website?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Please note - I am still early in the development. (so pardon my mess!)
Still trying to style the #secondary menu within the below-header-widget.
Thanks so much!

Hello @topnotch,

It looks like you haven’t added that menu yet.

Anyway, you can find the id of an element by doing a right-click on it, select Inspect Element and find something like this:

<div id="pg-220-1" class="panel-grid"… - in this case, pg-220-1 is the id of a div element.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thanks, Roman! Found it.
I’ve decided to put my secondary menu in the “below header widget” and link to it from the primary menu.
Success, so far. However, I’m still struggling with the styling as I try to match the look of the primary menu on the desktop version. The actual finished menu hopefully will not have child items if I have enough width.
I haven’t even started to address the mobile presentation, yet.
Would you look at my css and let me know what I’m missing?
You have been so helpful, and I appreciate it very much.

http://wardelectric.electricstores.com/wp-content/themes/sydney-pro-ii-child/ctc-style.css

Hello @topnotch,

I would be glad to help you, really.

But it would take too much time, sorry.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Roman, thank you for the time you have worked on this. I have a great head start and have resolved most of my styling issues already.
This theme is absolutely beautiful!

You are welcome @topnotch!

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have in future.

Kind Regards, Roman.