More than 5 pictures on homepage

Hi,
I enjoy Sydney very much, I only would like to know whether it is possible or not to add more than 5 pictures to the homepage’s slide.
I aslo would like to remove the writeing: Proudly powered by WordPress | Theme: Sydney by aThemes.

Thanks and compliments for this amazing template.

www.andreavitello.com

Hello @tosand1,

Please check this topic to learn how to add more slides, and this topic to learn how to remove/modify footer credits.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi, thanks for your quick reply !

You are welcome @tosand1!

Did you resolve your issues?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Mmm actually not… I editet the code and a sixth slide position appears, I can even choose the picture but it doesn’t go on screen.

Did you edit slider.php and customizer.php?

Also please note that you have to override modified .php files in a child theme to avoid losing your changes after theme update.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Dear Roman, thank you for your help.
Everything seemed to work fine, I added a sixth picture and it worked but I must have made some mistake in slide.php since when I try to save it it says:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘slider_image_1’ (T_STRING) in /web/htdocs/www.andreavitello.com/home/wp-content/themes/sydney/inc/slider.php on line 69

by the way, I buid the Pro version… don’t know if this affects you but I appreciate your help.

Andrea

At this point my website is not working… I think I need an original sydney/inc/slider.php , can you help me ?

You can reinstall the theme to make your site work again.

Kind Regards, Roman.

I have just tried to add the sixth slide to my Sydney Pro on localhost and it worked for me just like it should.

Can you please try again after reinstall? But please make a backup of those files before start. Also I kindly suggest you to remember about importance of regular site backups (files and database).

Kind Regards, Roman.

Dear Roman,

I’ve worked a bit on it. The sixth slide works, and the others as well: thank you so much for your support.

Regarding the databases… you are sooo right !

You are welcome @tosand1!

And have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.