More tag not working

The more tag on my posts page (my home page) is not functioning. I can still access the full post by clicking the post title, but the […] tag is just text, not a link.

Moesia is up to date, as are WordPress, PHP, and all my plugins. I’ve disabled the page builder editor plugin as I see there’s a problem with that in some of your other themes, but that didn’t make a difference.

Although I don’t think this affects posts I’ve created, I’ve changed the Reading setting “For each post in a feed, include:” to “Full text”.

I used a work around for the first two posts on my page, but you will see the problem in the remaining posts.

http://www.theartssocietyleeds.org/

Is there a way to fix this so the […] is a link to the full post?

Thanks,

Leslie

Hello Leslie,

Try adding this simple PHP snippet into a child theme’s functions. If you aren’t running a child theme, alternatively you can use Code Snippets plugin and run the code in the frontend.

function moesia_child_elipsis_link($content) {
    	return str_replace('[&hellip;]', '<a href="'. esc_attr(get_permalink()) .'">[&hellip;]</a>', $content);
    }
    add_filter('the_excerpt', 'moesia_child_elipsis_link');

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

That worked! Thanks Kharis!

You’re welcome!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support