More entries

Hi, i need to know how i can put more posts in the section latest news, i wish add three more.

Hi
as default, the latest news widget displaying 3 posts only. But if you want to display more, you have to create a child theme first then start to modifying fp-latest-news.php file.

Here is the steps:

1. create a child theme
  2. duplicate widgets/fp-latest-news.php from your parent theme to your child theme
  3. open and edit fp-latest-news.php within your child theme change this line 'posts_per_page' => 3, to 'posts_per_page' => 6,
  4. open and edit functions.php within your child theme then add this line:
if ( function_exists('siteorigin_panels_activate') ) {
	require_once get_template_directory() . "-child/widgets/fp-latest-news.php";
}
  1. open and edit fp-latest-news.php within your parent theme then change this line:
    require_once get_template_directory()."/widgets/fp-latest-news.php";
    to
    // require_once get_template_directory()."/widgets/fp-latest-news.php";

Hi, i tried but this is what happens now

Warning: require_once(/home/luissoma/public_html/nuevo/wp-content/themes/sydney-child/plugins/class-tgm-plugin-activation.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/luissoma/public_html/nuevo/wp-content/themes/sydney-child/functions.php on line 298

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘/home/luissoma/public_html/nuevo/wp-content/themes/sydney-child/plugins/class-tgm-plugin-activation.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/luissoma/public_html/nuevo/wp-content/themes/sydney-child/functions.php on line 298

I can´t log in my wordpress admin panel, how i fix this?? please help

I tried to fix it uploading the originals archives, but nothing happens.
The chlid theme was activated and it was good, but then i was trying the fifth step and when i saved the page fall.

Sorry i forgot to put my website http://nuevo.luissomaza.com ,the error has changed because im trying to fix it :frowning:

I resolved the problem but i still have only three post, is there another option to add more entries?

hmm you can send me the FTP credential to awan.rimbawan101 at gmail if necessary, so I can help you further