Moesia default screenshot.png always loaded even if not used

Hi Team !

I’m currently dealing with wp super cache and my .htaccess to improve the speed of my site view.
Not so easy but think I’m about to succeed :wink:

Browsing my firefox cache I can see that Moesia default image named screenshot.png, wich is Moesia front page default background, is loaded each time I view my home page. Here is its url seen in my cache : Mysite/wp-content/themes/moesia/screenshot.png

I’m not using it, having set my own front page background so it’s a bit weird to get it this way.

This is a real problem for the file size is 540982 bytes, so it really downgrades the view speed.

Do you know why ?
Anyway to get rid of it ?

Thanks ! Best regards,
Theophil
http://reseau-chretien-gironde.fr/

Hi,

The screenshot.png is the image that shows in wp-admin > Appearance > Themes, that’s not the header image, so that image have to be loaded every time, since it’s the theme’s thumbnail image, it’s not present on your website’s front-end.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Thanks Csaba.

Testing my front page on Pingdom tools, I don’t see any request for it. So you’re right, my site visitors don’t get it and that’s good news.

But this image is still loaded even after I log out WP admin and my browser cache is cleared.
May be it’s a WP supercache plugin side effect ?

Can I downsize this image weight without problem in my back-end ?

best regards,
Theophil

Hi,

Yes, that can be a cache side-effect. You can optimize that image, but I don’t recommend modifying the size, because that’s a good size for theme thumbnail, ok you will be the only one who will see it, so if you really want to downsize it, you can.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hi Csaba,

thanks for answering so fast.

Thread resolved.

Best regards from France.
Theophil

Hi,

Great! You’re most welcome! If you need help with anything else, please, feel free to open a new topic.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
Csaba