Moesia 1.14 with IE 11

Hi,

I encounter issues with Moesia 1.14 and IE 11.
Theme is not displayed as expected compared to Chrome or Firefox.
Here is the link:

http://eexplore.fr/v2

This is a fresh install of WP 4 and a child theme of Moesia with no “homemade” CSS in style.css or code in function.php

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

All my best,
Phil

Hello,

I see what you mean.

I checked on my server and I cannot reproduce this issue, neither with Moesia nor with a child theme. Could you disable your plugins and check? Also, is the issue the same if you switch from the child theme to the parent theme?

I had another look and the issue is definitely with your child theme. You’re not importing the parent style.css.

Hi Vlad,

After checking, i just added the following code in function.php and it works @ 90%

add_action( ‘wp_enqueue_scripts’, ‘enqueue_parent_theme_style’ );
function enqueue_parent_theme_style() {
wp_enqueue_style( ‘parent-style’, get_template_directory_uri().’/style.css’ );
}

The only thing i need to investigate is fonts.
I’m using Open Sans and Open Sans Condensed but fonts are totally different in IE 11.

All my best,
Phil

The fonts are actually correct. The difference is that the titles are getting a bigger font weight and the text is getting a different color.

The thing is that they changed the Codex page regarding child themes and wrote there the code you’re using, instead of the old @import method. They didn’t think too much about the implications so now the parent style is loaded before bootstrap.

Try this for now: go to the parent theme functions.php, find this line add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'moesia_scripts' ); and replace it with this add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'moesia_scripts', 9 );

Hello Vlad,
It works better now :slight_smile:
Thanks so much !

…and for your next update, I suppose that i need to update the line again ?