Modifying Portfolio Page

I’m a photographer, see www.grochollfoto.de. On the front page I show several portfolios, each with a sample-picture. Every of these pictures is linked to a page (one page per picture), where the certain gallery shows up. This gallery-page is defined in dashboard / portfolios, the gallery inserted with a shortcode. So I’m using the built-in functions, didn’t change anything. But on the gallery-page I don’t want to show the search-area, comment, archive, categories and meta. Is this defined through .php and / or css and in which file?

Hi,

You have to change the page attribute of your gallery page. You can manage it from: edit page > you’ll see the page attribute option on the righ side > choose full width.

Dear Mattes,

Thank you for getting in touch here.

In order to achieve that objective, could you please try to add the following CSS code through the Simple Custom CSS plugin or child theme’s style.css?

.single-otw_pm_portfolio #secondary{
  display: none;
  visibility: hidden;
}

.single-otw_pm_portfolio #primary{
  width: 100%;
}

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Kharis

Dear Kharis,

it’s a miracle, it’s working!

Sorry, but that brings the next question immediately: Can I get rid of the “posted on…” and the Authorname?

Thanks for the quick response!

Mattes

Dear Mattes,

Thank you for updating me.

I am glad to know that worked.

> Can I get rid of the “posted on…” and the Authorname?

Sure, you can. Could you please try to change the CSS code I previously provided with the following?

.single-otw_pm_portfolio .meta-post,
.single-otw_pm_portfolio #secondary{
  display: none;
  visibility: hidden;
}

.single-otw_pm_portfolio #primary{
  width: 100%;
}

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Kharis

Dear Kharis,

yes, it works perfect!

If you ever come to Cologne, let me know, I will invite you for a drink

See you
Mattes

Dear Mattes,

Thank you for updating me.

I am glad to know it works for you.

> If you ever come to Cologne, let me know, I will invite you for a drink

Thank you for the offer. Yes, I would.

If you don’t mind, could you please rate our Sydney theme here? We would highly appreciate it if you do so.

Thank you for creating with our theme.

Have a nice day!

Regards,
Kharis