Mobile View Problem

I made a few changes today to the site www.hoisttoday.com and suddenly the mobile view (on iPhone) is not rendering properly I’ve tried everything I can do, and now need guidance. BTW … I love Sydney Pro!
Ross

Hello Ross,

I have just tried to check your website, but it doesn’t seem to be available. Can you please check the link?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thanks Roman

It’s definitely working now (I think the server went down for a while). The first few rows render perfectly on my mobile device (iPhone) but then the text stretches way down the page. Hope I can get some help here.

Best

Ross

Hello Ross,

Can you please provide some explanatory screenshots?

You can upload screenshots to your WordPress Media Library and share a link, or you can use one of the online services (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.).

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thanks Roman
I’m not sure how to provide a Dropbox link without your email address. So I’ve uploaded 3 screenshots to my Wordpress Media Library:

http://www.hoisttoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/IMG_2143.png
http://www.hoisttoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/IMG_2144.png
http://www.hoisttoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/IMG_2145.png

Hope that’s what you mean.
Best
Ross

Hello Ross, thank you for the screenshots.

Strange, it should be responsive by default.

Did you add some custom CSS code to style rows?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Roman, the only additional CSS I have is in ‘Additional CSS’ under Customise:

.site-header .container {
    width: 100%;
    padding-left: 5px;
    padding-right: 5px;
}

It moves our logo to the left. I removed it, but there was no improvement to my mobile problem.

I recently added two plugins - AddToAny Share Buttons + Really Simple CAPTCHA - so I deactivated each. But still no improvement.

Stumped!

Ross

Hello Ross,

Can you please try to deactivate all your plugins except Sydney Toolbox, Page Builder by SiteOrigin, Crelly Slider, and see if it helps?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Sadly, that made no difference.

Best, Ross

Hello Ross,

Please try to do the following.

Edit your home page, edit a problematic row (not widget) by clicking wrench icon, edit a cell, expand Attributes section in Cell Styles section on the right side, and check if there are some CSS Styles added.

If you’ll find some CSS styles there, then try to disable them.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman

I went into every problematic row (and others). There is nothing in any of the CSS boxes in row attributes.

Best, Ross

Hello Ross,

I asked our Developer to check your issue, let’s see what he says.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi,

I think you might have disabled the responsive mode for the Page Builder, at least I don’t see another reason for this issue.
Could you please go to your backend and from Settings > Page Builder > Layout tab > make sure Responsive Layout is enabled.

Thanks Vlad

I did that, and it is already checked.

Ross

That’s strange because I see the mobile styles that the Page Builder should generate don’t show up at all.
Let’s correct it manually for now by adding this in Customize > Additional CSS:

@media only screen and (max-width: 780px) {
      .panel-grid-cell { width: 100% !important; }
      .panel-grid.panel-has-style > .panel-row-style { display: block; }
}

Perfect!!! Thank you so much.

Ross

Vlad (or Roman)
One final question. How do I put a live link in text on my front page? Can see the facility in other Pages, but not in the rows/widgets on my front page.

(BTW … I love aThemes and am recommending it in our new entrepreneur training programs)

Hi,

Not really sure I understand what you’re asking. Where exactly do you want to insert a link?

OK. Take, for example, our ABOUT row on the home page (front page). How do I make one or more words a live link. It’s easy in the ABOUT page (selected from tab at top right), but I don’t see a link facility when I’m editing the text on the home page (front page).

I see.
Well, on the About row you have the core WP text widget, so all HTML needs to be entered manually. See here please how you would create a HTML link.

Alternatively you can use this plugin which provides a more advanced text widget.