Mobile view of Header shows half black and half white

Hey guys,

I love the Hiero template. I recently tried to view it as a mobile site; however, when I do it shows the left side of the head as black background and the right side as white background. That width varies depending on the mobile settings. If viewed in IPad Pro, it works great. All others show this error.

My site is www.factsforgeeks.com.

I am using a child theme. The only changes I have made in the CSS file are to remove the author information. The header has google analytics code. I am using the functions.php file to add the child theme:
<?php
add_action( ‘wp_enqueue_scripts’, ‘my_theme_enqueue_styles’ );
function my_theme_enqueue_styles() {
wp_enqueue_style( ‘parent-style’, get_template_directory_uri() . ‘/style.css’ );

}

?>

Thank you,
David

Hi,

Please activate the Parent Theme and check if you can see the same issue there too, I guess you have removed some “@media screen” or maybe try to deactivate your plugins ( maybe a plugin have caused that issue ), but the first thing to check if your Parent Theme has the same issue, or it’s only in the Child Theme.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hi Csaba,

Thank you for your quick response.

I probably should have mentioned that in my first post… I did check the parent theme. It works just fine.

Could the problem be with how I am importing the parent theme? The code I used is from the Wordpress codex, but there are several options.

Thank you,
David

Hi,

Please try this plugin to create your Child Theme: https://wordpress.org/plugins/child-theme-configurator/ and let me know how it works with that.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hi Csaba,

Sorry for the delay in replying to you… I have not been able to try it. I just now did and it worked.

Thank you,
David