Mobile View Not Displaying on Mobile Devices

Hello! Loving the Rocked theme, great format and so many options for customization. However, I’m currently having a small issue in which the website and theme do not seem to be coming up as fully mobile responsive. As anyone who’s worked with Wordpress likely knows, when you “customize” your theme for your Wordpress site, it offers the option of clicking through to see what it will look like on a desktop, on a tablet, and on a mobile device. However, the issue I’m having is that when you visit my site from a mobile device, it’s showing up in the designated tablet view rather than mobile view…while it does look all right this way and presents no problems with the general formatting, it makes it much harder to read without drastically zooming in, which is inconvenient for readers. As I don’t have access to a tablet, I can’t confirm what it might look like on a tablet, so I don’t know that the tablet view is working correctly. Either way, I would like the theme to display properly depending on which device the website is being accessed from – that is, desktop, tablet, and mobile, accordingly. Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you.

Hello MM2016,

Please provide some explanatory screenshots and a link to your website.

You can upload screenshots to your WordPress Media Library and share a link, or you can use one of the online services (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.).

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thank you for the prompt response, sorry for the delay. The website is MetalMagnitude.com. The problem that I’m describing is as follows, illustrated by screenshots. When one goes to customize their website’s appearance within Wordpress, it offers the option of seeing exactly what the site will look like when it’s displayed on a desktop computer, on a tablet device, and a mobile device, respectively. See the following screenshots for exactly what I mean:

This part of it is fine. However, the issue is that when the website is actually pulled up on a mobile device, instead of displaying it in the same mobile view that it should show up in according to the screenshots above, it shows up like this:

…which seems to be some combination of the tablet and desktop views, rather than the actual mobile view as it should show up on a mobile device.
This might just be some setting or something I’m overlooking, and hopefully a simple fix. (also hoping the pictures display within this post correctly.) Thank you!

Hello MM2016,

I have just checked your website on Android phone and yes, it only looks good in landscape orientation.

However, I also checked the blog page of Rocked demo site and it looks much better in portrait orientation.

Did you do any significant CSS changes? If yes, can you describe them?

Kind Regards, Roman.