Mobile theme menu problems

First I will say that I absolutely love this theme with all of my heart. It’s the best theme I’ve ever used. I hope to see you continuing to support this theme because I have not found any other that can compare.

I have 1 problem and 1 general suggestion to make.

My problem:
The mobile version of the theme is beautiful, but the menu has problems. The “Menu” button shows up as a very dark gray, so dark that you cannot see it due to the very dark background. I have not made any changes to the mobile theme (I don’t know how). Please make the menu button a lighter color.
Another problem with the mobile menu is that once you click the menu, it will show colors as if my mobile “mouse pointer” is hovered over the menu item. Please disable this feature for the mobile theme (hover colors)!
One last problem with the mobile theme: when I click my “Contact” page, my area to input Name (text box) covers and overrides part of the menu, so I cannot access the entire menu when viewing my “Contact” page.

My general suggestion:
Please make a “customize” setting to allow me to display a smaller version of my featured image when viewing a blog post. I love the option to see the entire image, but I would prefer an option to view the image small such as the way it displays on the home page.

Thank you thank you thank you.

Hi

Thanks for your appreciations.

You can always customize the changes in theme and to get a lighter color menu for the mobile you can add the below in your Child Theme’s style.css file or in the my custom css plugin to have the changes preserved even after you update the theme next.

nav-open,
.nav-close {
    background: #ccc;
}

You can replace the hexcode #ccc with the color of your choice.

The other thing which shows on the menu is the page you are in, so it is the selected menu color which is same for desktop view too. Please let us know if you want anything else.

I checked the “contact” page and dont see any issue. Please re check and if the issue still persists please tell us the steps to be followed to replicate the issue.

Thank you for your suggestion, we will look into it but if you need us to customize it for you, you can always tell us about it here https://athemes.com/wordpress-customization/

Thanks

Thank you for your reply, and thank you for showing me how to create child themes. That is very useful information.

I created a child theme and it works fine on the desktop version of the website, but not only did it not change the color of the mobile theme’s menu button (what I’m trying to accomplish) but it broke the mobile theme completely and loaded no theme, only a white background with default style formatting (no colors, no fonts, etc).

Here’s my code:

/**
 * Theme Name:   Hiero-child
 * Template:     hiero
 */

@import url("../hiero/style.css");

nav-open,
.nav-close {
	background: #fff;
}

Because it broke my mobile theme, I have reverted back to the original theme.

If you will, please help me change the color of the text on my mobile theme’s menu button.

I also have one more request for help:
How do I change the color of the sub-menu item’s formatting color? I would like to have links as sub-menu items but there is no way to customize the formatting to match the color of my “Main color” selected by the customize theme options. Basically, the default “Main color” is red, and if I had my sub-menus setup, then when hovering over a menu item the sub-menu items would appear with a red tint and not match the “Main color” I have chosen.

Thank you for your help!

Hi

I am glad that you now have learnt to create a child theme, which I am sure will help you in the long run.

I am sorry the above code broke the site, We have missed a dot(.) before “nav-open” and hence we see the site breaking, please add it and select the child theme and everything would be fine this time.

.nav-open, .nav-close {
}

I am not sure what are you trying to say in the second part. As I see you submenu on hovering gets blue which is your chosen main color.
Please add more details to your query.

Thanks

Thank you for the reply! I made the change and it still broke the site… just a white background with standard formatting. Here’s the code:

/**
 * Theme Name:   Hiero-child
 * Template:     hiero
 */

@import url("../hiero/style.css");

.nav-open,
.nav-close {
}

This is supposed to change the color of the mobile menu button right? .nav-open, .nav-close

About my question on the previous post, I’ll show you an example on another day. It’s about the sub-menu color, like when you mouse over the menu and sub-menu links pop-up while you’re hovering the mouse. Right now I’m just focused on changing the mobile menu button color.

Thanks for the help!

Hi

It seems there is some problem while creating the child theme, so you can try this My custom css plugin to add the above code and let me know if this works for you.

Thanks