Mobile Responsive and menu navigation?

Hi,

My site crashed yesterday, wouldn’t load in mobile/smart phone?

I have a support guy that looked into it for me and fixed it, he says the coding for the Sydney theme was conflicting due to the amount of Plugins that I have on my site? I have deleted about 6 that I was not using. Is this going to be a problem if I get an update for my theme?

Also, I used a solid white down arrow for menus on desktop, now on mobile it’s showing an extra ‘V’ is showing. On desktop the solid white down arrow selects the other options, but on mobile only the ‘V’ is responsive for other menu options?

Is there a way that the ‘V’ on mobile is used for menu access, the solid white down arrow only displays on a desktop?

It’s quite confusing with both arrows on mobile?
Mouse_Highlight_Overlay

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Paul,

First off, I am sorry to hear about the trouble.

Can you share a link to your website needing help with, so I can inspect directly?

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi Kharis,

Thanks for the reply.

my site is www.CecilsMensHub.com

Regards,

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thank you for sharing the link.

As checked, seems likely the additional solid down arrow was added directly from the menu name field. Is that correct? Can you share a screenshot of your down-arrow setting?

Screen Shot 2021-06-26 at 23.41.02

Ideally you should add it separately via custom CSS code so we can make the display restriction easier. Would it be acceptable if I could suggest the custom CSS code instead? Please confirm.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hey Kharis,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, please. Currently it’s just a copied character ▼, CSS would be great as it’ll not be lost on a theme update?

Regards, Paul

Hi Paul,

Try adding this CSS code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS from dashboard.

#mainnav ul.menu > li.menu-item-has-children > a:after {
      content: '\25BC';
    }

Then remove the down arrow from your menu name.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hey Kharis,

That does the job, nearly?

I deleted the ▼ from my menu, then added your CSS in my additional CSS., it seemed to work.

But, on investigation when I clicked on the ‘v’ it displays the sub-menu, before I can select an option, it goes to the top-level menu option. ‘About’, instead of choosing the two options, and, ‘Yearly Men’s Gatherings’ instead of choosing the two options, and ‘Event Calendar’ instead of choosing the two options.

It works great apart from not allowing the sub-menu options.

Thanks, Paul

Hey Kharis,

Did you see the above, the CSS works, but will not allow me to select the sub-menu options?

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Paul,

Yes, I see it. But seems likely it requires and additional script in order to make it becomes an clickable object that expands the dropdown.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi Kharis,

What does that mean?

Cost for development, or could it be a script that could. be off the shelf?

Thanks, Paul