Mobile Menu

I just realized my menu does not work on the mobile device I checked it on (Android)! When I click on it nothing happens, please help. Thanks.

Hello @gserafy,

Can you please provide a link to your website to let me inspect it?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Sorry, yes, www.mccinternalmedicine.org

Hello @gserafy,

Can you please deactivate all your plugins except recommended and see if it helps?

But please make full site backup first.

Kind Regards, Roman.

I am pretty inexperienced on most of that - went to Bluehost and think I did a fall cPanel backup to my desktop - that does not look right and went very quick as a .tar file - maybe it is just website files I need to download? Also, how do I tell what plugins are recommended? This seems very challenging, do you guys offer paid support for this?

Hello @gserafy,

We do not offer paid support. However, you can contact Codeable for this kind of service, or find a freelancer on Upwork.

Kind Regards, Roman.

I’m working with WPFixIt and they say I need to upgrade theme versions or use Pro (which I bought for another site) and that should do it but I have never done a child theme but think only changes I made were to footer.php and all additions were to Simple Custom CSS - a little worried about losing things.

Okay, so I just paid the money for WP Fix It and they uploaded the Pro version for me but everything, image headers, etc. are lost - is there any way you could possibly just save me some time and tell me how to get my image with the Crelly Slider to display properly - it comes in too big, I have it as 1920x1080, unchecked the other image slider and made sure the video slider was unchecked as well - I checked the documentation - please just help me and tell me what to do - it will take me hours and hours to figure this out. I have had to use the other slider right now so it will look halfway decent. Also, it appears if I use the Crelly Slider I cannot have text over the images - is that correct? Very frustrated.

Nevermind, I figured it out, you can close the ticket. Thanks.

You are welcome @gserafy,

It’s great that you figured it out!

Have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.