Mobile menu issues on Sydney

Hello! I have two issues with my mobile menu on Sydney that I can’t quite seem to figure out.

1. There is a big swath of black space at the top of the screen that I’d like to remove.

2. The mobile menu font is so tiny that it’s unreadable.

Here’s a screen cap to show you what I’m talking about: http://imgur.com/a/ro8Ya

I appreciate any help you can give me! Thank you!

Hi,

Its better if you share the URL of your site here also because we need to inspect the element of your site directly.

Regards,
Awan

Hi Awan,

Thank you so much for your response! My URL is http://www.vyneco.org/

On my website, I also noticed that the pictures are cut off on the mobile screen. Do you know why that is?

Many thanks for your help!

VyneCo

Hi,

Looks like those black space on the header contain your logo, so I think its better if you change the background color of the header when it displayed on mobile screen:

@media only screen and (max-width: 1024px){
  .site-header {
    background-color: #FFF;
  }
  .btn-menu {
    color: #000;
  }
}

Then, here is to increase the font-size of the menu items:

#mainnav-mobi ul > li > a {
    font-size: 14px;
}

And about the header image, its because the “width” of the mobile screen (portrait mode) is smaller than when its displayed in landscape mode or in desktop screen. So, the website will try to display the picture responsively without reduce the quality of the picture but it will cut off the picture.

Regards,
Awan

Awan,

I just added the code you wrote, and it has completely fixed the problem. Thank you very much!

If you have time, may I ask one more question: when I go to the site on a mobile device, it brings up a blank page. Is there any way to make it go to the proper main page and bypass the “blank page?”

Thank you again!

Hi,

I am not sure what caused it, maybe you can try to deactivate non-required theme plugin one by one and let see which plugin is causing the problem.

Regards,
Awan

Hi Awan,

Thanks for the recommendation. I have tried deactivating the plugins one by one and all at once, but nothing has changed. Is there a plugin that you can recommend that might fix the problem or do you have any other recommendations that you think I should try.

I appreciate your help.

Hi,

So its not caused by the plugin? Hmm… can you try to ask your hosting administrator?

Regards,
Awan

Awan,

I cannot THANK YOU enough for taking time to help me. Your time is very valuable and I sincerely appreciate all of the assistance that you have provided. My website is better because of you.

I will be sure to contact the administrator to find out how I can fix my mobile problem.

Thanks again for everything!

VC