Mobile Menu Anchor Links Not Working

Hello,

The anchor links on my mobile menu aren’t working for my site. It seems to function on iPad, and desktop, but not on my iPhone. The site is http://www.arborrosememorycare.com. I’m using the Sydney theme. I tried reading through the forums to see if issues others were having might provide a solution, but nothing has worked. Any ideas on what’s wrong? I’m at a loss. I believe the links are all set up correctly.

Thanks.

Hello,

Do you have the latest iOS version?

And what is the affected web browser?

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Yes, I have the latest iOS version. I just tested it in on my computer in Chrome’s developer mode where it mimics an iPhone, and it appears to be working there, but it doesn’t work when I do the same thing in Safari. Honestly, I had only tested it in Safari up until this point, so I didn’t know it was browser-related.

Thoughts?

So, just to be clear, it doesn’t work in Safari on iPhone or iMac (if in responsive mode), but it does work in Chrome on iMac.

Hello,

You can try to use only ID without URL, something like #pg-8-4 instead of this:

http://www.arborrosememorycare.com/#pg-8-4

However, please note that anchors will work only on the home page in this case.

But you can use Page Specific Menu Items or similar plugin to disable anchors.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

I tried the ID without the URL, just to test it out before installing another plugin that hasn’t been updated with the last three versions of WordPress, and it still didn’t work.

What should I try next?

Hello,

I don’t have an Apple device to test this issue, but I asked the colleague that has one to test it, let’s see what he says.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hello, we couldn’t recreate this issue.

Did you try to clear your browser cache?

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Yes. This issue has been going on for weeks, and I’ve cleared out my browser cache many multiples of times when working on other sites.

It’s working correctly on your colleague’s iPhone? You can go to Menu > About Us, and it’ll scroll down there?

Okay, I can confirm that it doesn’t work on iPhone 7 Plus.

You can also try to install Page scroll to id plugin, it might help:

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

I replied to this thread last week, but apparently it got lost somewhere along the way…

I thought of the “Page scroll to id” plugin already, and I tried it out. It did not work.

Any other suggestions?

I’ll ask our Developer to check this, he might help us figure it out.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hello,

We still haven’t found a solution, but the issue is already in our list. Hopefully it will be fixed in a future theme update. Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Well, it looks like the issue is site-specific. I couldn’t recreate it on Sydney demo site using iPhone 7 Plus.

Can you please check the Sydney demo site and let me know if anchors work in Safari on your device?

Here is the Sydney demo site link:
https://demo.athemes.com/sydney/

I have an iPhone 6S, and the demo site appears to be working there. What would make the menu not work on my site—even when I install something like the Scroll to ID plugin? What should I check?

Hello,

You can try to rebuild your website in a staging environment and see if it works as it should (then you will be able to move rebuilt website to production environment). Here is a tutorial:

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support