Messenger mobile opens google maps

Hi,

I’ve used the Yoga demo to build a website, and when you share the link to the website on mobile through FB Messenger app, the messenger browser takes you to the Google Maps app, instead of showing the website.

This is happening to all pages which has the “Map” module in Elementor.

This is also happening if you share the https://demo.athemes.com/airi-yoga/ in messenger and click on the link (on mobile).

Customers have complained when they click the link in messenger when they don’t see the website.

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting us.

I can confirm that I can replicate the same issue. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

I am flagging this to our development team as further investigation and troubleshooting may be involved. I will be back to you ASAP to update the progress. Thank you for your patience.

Stay safe.
Have an excellent day :slight_smile:

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hello there,

I hope you’re doing well today.

I tried testing by switching the theme to Twenty Twenty and the same issue occurs.

I believe this is in-app browser specific issue and not related to any theme. It seems likely the in-app browser loads the iframe separately and while doing that, it omits the first visited link.

As for that fact, this issue is out of the scope of theme support can handle. I appreciate your understanding.

I suggest you to put the map in a separate page. And when you share a link over Messenger, do not share a link to a page which contains Google Map iframe.

Stay safe.
Have an excellent day :slight_smile:

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support