Messed up my home page after applying Update 1.26 to sydney theme

Hi My website (www.adornyouroccasion.com) was perfectly fine unless i applied update on sydney theme recommended from 1.25 to 1.26.
I created website myself from youtube and and now on the first page slider the text that was scrolling on the middle of the page automatic moved to the left top corner…
Please help, I really need your help on this. Please i cant loosing my months of work like this just applying an update.
For now I have disabled the slider because i dont want people to look at this messy page.

Please help, I really need your help on this. Please i cant loosing my months of work like this just applying an update.

have you found a fix yet

Yes, browser cache cleaning helped.
Thanks alot for posting the fix…

My site is still messed-up.

I’ve cleared my browser cache and the slider text is still displaying below the slider image, (large and white too.) Need help please.

Thank you!

Mine is having the same problem! Its not in the middle anymore after the update. I completely refreshed my wordpress and starting fresh and new. I saw the preview of the sydney and its still not in the middle of the screen. its on the top left corner…
Can anyone help with this please? otherwise I am going for a different theme…

wow…okay, so cleaning up the browser cache helped…but johnkelly, if yours is still not working I don’t know what to suggest.

Hello @johnkelly, I thought there something missing in your site. Please add the css code below to the styles.css file in your child theme or use simple custom css plugin:

.slide-inner {
    position: absolute;
    top: 50%;
    left: 0;
    right: 0;
    text-align: center;
    z-index: 2;
    width: 100%;
    min-height: 260px;
    padding-top: 5px;
    -webkit-transform: translateY(-50%);
    -moz-transform: translateY(-50%);
    -ms-transform: translateY(-50%);
    -o-transform: translateY(-50%);
    transform: translateY(-50%);
}

Hi @Awan,

About 20 minutes before I received your email, everything started working again properly. Should I still insert the above code?

I would like to move the slider text down on the mobile rendering, if you can help with that, I can’t seem to find it.

Thanks for answering my plea for help, much appreciated!

Hi @Awan,
I tried inserting the code, got an error code 500 that it couldn’t handle the request. Went back, removed the code, updated, and my site is still down for some reason. Not sure why, need help please.
Thank you,
John

Hi,

Where did you put the code? did you use a plugin?

No need to add those css code if its already working.

Hi @Awan,
The site looks fine now on desktop, but not rendering correctly on mobile. The slider is stuck at the top left of the screen, mobile only. I’m also needing to change the mobile menu bars to black.

Thanks for your help,
John

Guys,

My issue was resolved by simply clearing cache from my browser and waiting for couple of minutes.