Menu tab problem and header background color

Can anyone please help me with two little problems i’m having.

The first problem is that i currently have a horizontal menu but if you hoover above a menu link it opens a new menu tab at the top again. This is really inconvenient, because sometimes the new menu tab has only one menu link and the menu disappears because when you go there with the mouse the menu disappears. It would be much nicer if the new menu tab opens besides the menu link on which you are hoovering. For example on the website go to -> over de naam ‘Legebeke’ -> Legebekes uitgelicht -> politiek -> hermanus legebeke. You cannot get to hermanus legebeke because the menu disappears. Hope that you get the picture.

The second problem is that if you scroll down you get a black background appearing behind the header section. Is it possible to make this transparant, because i have a picture behind the header. Scrolling down and the appearance of a black background in front of the picture is not appealing.

My website: www.familielegebeke.nl

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Anyone?

Hi,

I don’t see " politiek " -> " hermanus legebeke " in your menu where you have specified, it have to be there, but it doesn’t show up? or what is the issue, please clarify.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Okay a picture i hope that helps

menu picture

I would like to have to tab ‘hermanus legebeke’ (beginning of the red arrow) to be besides to the right of the ‘politiek’ tab. The distance now is not workable.

Hi,

Please disable the copyright protection plugin, so we can inspect your site, but I think it’s not a good solution to move the top sub-item to bottom, better add that item below the “Politek”, instead of having it as sub-menu item.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hello,

the copyright plugin can be bypassed if you go e.g. into the firefox webdeveloper via menu bar from firefox.

So, I found a way how to fix this in my browser. Please try the following code in a child theme or simple css plugin:

#mainnav ul ul li {
  float: left !important;
}

And for your second issue:

.site-header.float-header {
  background-color: transparent;
}

To have this effect only on the homepage:

.home .site-header.float-header {
  background-color: transparent;
}

Best regards,