Menu subitem under categoriepage not possible

Hi there,

I have a category (archive) page “News” in my main menu and I want another category page “Agenda” as menu subitem under News. I try to achieve this by drag&drop in the menu-section of the backend. But when I save the changed menu, the agenda page is again on the main level and not a sub item anymore.
Why…?

Thanks in advance!
Bernhard

Hello there,

Please share a screenshot of your menu settings. So I could correct it if there’s a mistake in there. To help me find what’s might stopping it from working, please share a link to your site.

Regards,
Kharis

http://denhaagfossielvrij.nl/wp-admin/nav-menus.php

Hello there,

That appears to be fine. Probably there might be a z-index issue. Please try adding this CSS code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS from dashboard.

.sydney-hero-area {
      position: relative;
      z-index: -1;
    }

Regards,
Kharis

Thanks for the reply, Kharis!
The problem is in the backend: dragging a menuitem on the place of subitem works fine. Then i click on save the menu and after saving the item is a main item again, not a subitem.

Bernhard

Hello there,

I’d like to visit your site to check it directly. However this (screenshot) doesn’t allow me to do so.

56%20AM

Is there any other way?

Regards,
Kharis

Please sign in with “test” “test”.

Bernhard

submenu

It looks like there’s no issue in there. Sub menus are displaying properly.

Try flushing your web browser’s cache/history and try again. Probably it was caching issue in your end.

Regards,
Kharis