Menu Header isn't Applying to other pages

Hey everyone! So I have a slider header for the home page of my clients’ site. I have set the other pages as “no image (show menu only)”, but no matter how many times I refresh and go to a page other than the home page I don’t see the menu at the top. I then noticed that I didn’t have a foot applied to any other pages other than the home page.

I’ve checked the editor section, under page.php to see if the pages included “get_footer” “get_header” and they do. Does anyone know how to fix/apply this?

1 Like

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out to us here. Sorry to hear you’ve run into trouble.

Please check the active page template and try switching to default one (if it is not). Flush any applied cache and reload your page. If this procedure doesn’t change anything. Try re-installing the fresh Sydney by deleting it from themes list under Dashboard > Appearance menu. Before doing so, you’ve to switch to other theme. Then search Sydney; install and activate it.

Regards,
Kharis

Hey There!

When I reverted the page template to the default page template the header and footer are reactivated. The only dilemma is that now the format has reverted to a page structure with unnecessary div containers. Previously, I was using the “Elementor Canvas” as my page template to be able to create pages that looked neat more easily. Right now there is a background and a container that contains the page layout created with Elementor inside of a white box. It looks so ugly. Do you know how to get around that?

I am a new developer with minimal experience with coding so I’m very hesitant to go into the theme editor to make the changes without knowing what to edit/delete.

Hello there,

Do you have related link to share here to allow me checking it directly?

Regards,
Kharis

Hey!

I actually found a way around the issue by using the Elementor full-width page template. Thank you for all of your help. I would’ve never thought to play around with the page templates and that setting would affect the header and footer.

Thank you!

Hola buenos días, estoy teniendo el mismo problema que usted, veo que la solución que encontró fue utilizar la plantilla de pagina de ancho completo, pero yo cuando utilizo dicha plantilla me mantiene el cuadro blanco en medio de la pagina, y no me permite hacer una web limpia y sencilla como quería.¿ Como hiciste para poner ancho completo y no tener la plantilla de pagina?

I am sorry I only speak English. Could you please re-write it in English?

Regards,
Kharis

Excuse me!
I have the same problem that has been raised, but when applying full page width, the “white box” continues to appear for the content, when I want a clean page. Thank you!

Hello there,

Let me check it directly. Do you have a link to the related page to share?

Regards,
Kharis