Menu Colours

Hello,
Thank you for the Fashionista theme. It’s a great layout and the support forum has been a huge help.

On my site I have used categories as the basis of a menu. When someone clicks through to read a post the categories to which that post is linked are a different colour in the menu. How do I stop this happening?

You can see what I mean here (please note this is a test site): http://ramblingmoon.co.uk.gridhosted.co.uk/inspiration/review-savage-beauty-an-ordinary-perspective/

Many thanks,
FTD Admin

Hi, you set these values from style.css in your child theme. Fix it there, or apply custom css code below. You can add the code to your style.css or using custom simple css plugin.

#main-navigation li.current-menu-parent > a {
    color: #333;
}

#main-navigation li.current-menu-parent > a:hover {
    color: #b27baf;
}

Hello,
Thank you for the advice. I tried it but it caused another problem. The menu became the same colour but the categories lost the hover colour. Basically, I want the menu to be the same throughout the site. Black with a coloured hover over. I suppose I want to break the link between the post categories and the changes that makes to the main menu.

Any suggestions??

Thank you.

TFD Admin

Hi, no, it should work through simple custom css. I guess I didn’t explain it to you in detail. Just replace code in style.css of your child theme to this and it should work.

@charset "UTF-8";

/*91*/
#main-navigation li a:hover, #main-navigation li.sfHover > a, #main-navigation li.current_page_item > a, #main-navigation li.current-menu-item > a, #main-navigation li.current-menu-parent > a, #main-navigation li.current-page-parent > a, #main-navigation li.current-page-ancestor > a, #main-navigation li.current_page_ancestor > a {
}
/*106*/
.entry-title a:hover {
}
/*248*/
#main-navigation li.current-menu-parent > a {
    color: #333;
}

#main-navigation li.current-menu-parent > a:hover {
    color: #b27baf !important;
}

Hello,
Thank you! That did the trick.
Really appreciate the help and your patience.
Have a great day.
TFAdmin