Media in media library and Home page Slider images disappeared after theme update

Hi Guys,
I need help. After the Sydney Pro update from 2.0.7 to 2.0.8 the media library show only gray squares as in the pictures

Images in the Custom area disapper too…

All the images in the homepage slider disappear and all the header images too.

If I try to load new images at the end of loading a gray square appears, but without images.

I already tried to reinstall wordpress 4.9.6 with no effects.

Help.
the web site is:
https://www.psiconet.it

Thanks

Dario

Hello Dario,

You can try to temporarily deactivate all your plugins except Sydney Toolbox and Page Builder by SiteOrigin, and see if it helps.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,
thank you for your answer.
I tried but nothing changes.
Inside all the pages and articles, even if I can not see the images in the media library, the images are present and working in visitors frontend.
If I try to modify them, it is not possible because you can not select any image visible in the media library because it is as if there were not or were empty files, but they are there…

All images that are controlled and positioned through the costumizer are gone instead (page headers and homepage sliders).

It seems something went wrong between Sidney Pro 2.0.8 and WordPress 4.9.6 when I update the Sydney theme.
Is it possible to downgrade the theme?
Any idea???
:persevere:

Thanks

Dario

Hi Dario,

Can you maybe try the steps outlined here? https://www.mhthemes.com/support/fix-blank-thumbnails-wordpress-media-library/

Hi Charlie,
I tryed all the steps in the link with no effect.
Even with wordpress 4.9.7 nothing has changed.
If I try to create new content with images both with the base editor and with siteorigin image widget in most cases the images do not appear in the frontend.

Roman any idea?
There is a downgrade way for sydney pro?
Or any new idea?

Thanks.

Dario

Hello Dario, sorry for the delay.

Your issue looks like general WordPress issue and not a theme issue. I kindly suggest you to use WordPress.org forums to find a solution.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,
after a large number of tests and cross-checks between installed plugins (few), sydney 2.0.8 or 2.0.9 and wordpress the event occurs a few minutes after the installation and activation of w3 total cache plugin.
Once activated, there are no solutions but to install a site and database backup…

Surely it will be solved in the future, but at present the situation is this.

Thanks.

Dario