Masonry layout widget not showing

Hi,
all worked fine on the artist website i built with moesia pro

but now strangely the widget “masonry layout” is not showing anymore in the sidebar. in the meantime i changed the widget to visual editor and inserted the shortcode [masonry query=“cat=3”] and this works.
But the title of the widget is not showing above, but under the widget. So i had to add another text widget above the masonry (visual editor) widget to display the title.

Please can you let me know if there is some problem with the masonry layout widget now - it worked fine before… (it still works when i tested it in a page in the page builder, but not in the sidebar…)

thanks a lot…
best, caroline

Hi,

Have you set a title for the Masonry Widget?

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hi Csaba, thanks for coming back to me.
yes, there was a title. i have now put up a test page to demonstrate what happens.

http://www.aloismosbacher.at/masonrytest/

The page is built with pagebuilder.

Row 1 has two widgets (masonry layout) “Images” and “News”. The only thing visible is the title. the masonry widget does not show.

Row 2 has 1 widget (visual editor) with the shortcode [masonry query=”cat=3″]. In this case you can see the masonry, but the title “Images with visual editor and shortcode” is under the widget instead of above!

Sidebar: Here is the masonry layout widget entitled NEWS. You can only see the title, the masonry does not show.

you help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Hi,

The " IMAGES WITH VISUAL EDITOR AND SHORTCODE " is an other widget, that title is not set for the masonry widget.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hi, dont know what happened to the sidebar in the last link… i did set a title for the masonry widget… please see this link instead - you will see in the sidebar PUBLICATIONS, a widget (textwidget) that works and under it you will see the title PRESSE (masonry widget!) -here you only see the title, but not the masonry… and this is the problem…

please check, thanks

Hi,

What kind of widget you have used for Masonry? I see something by site origin, but site origin page builder widgets are not made to use them in sidebars.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Am using the “masonry layout” widget. yes, it is the site origin masonry 1.0.3. and it worked perfectly in the sidebar. until now… but i see it has not been updated for 2 years! so it probably conflicts somehow now…

i just tried to install the Moesia - Masonry Portfolio plugin and it turned the whole site white! all was gone, just white screen. As soon as i deactivated it, the site appeared again.

at the moment the site origin masonry plugin still works in the pagebuilder - frontpage - but i am worried that it might not be working very much longer. The moesia masonry portfolion plugin strangely collapses the site… so, any idea why this is?

the page really relies on masonry as design element… see the frontpage and http://www.aloismosbacher.at/images/ so it is important that it works…

looking forward to hearing from you…

Hi,

I suggest to deactivate the plugin which wasn’t updated 2 years ago, maybe that makes the site white, because of the conflict it creates.

Best Regards,
Csaba