Making page height responsive in Sydney

Hi Guys,

LOVE this theme, btw, it’s an all-time favoritre.

I can’t seem to get the height of my pages to match on displays of varying sizes.

Example:

I add a slideshow gallery to a blank page using the Front Page template and Smart Slider 3 plugin. A demo slideshow is 1200x600 and set to be fully responsive in height and width. (Whether I use the SiteOrigin pagebuilder or not, the result is the same, btw.)

My laptop display is 1355x768, my desktop is 1680x1050.

On my laptop, the page will overflow so that some down scrolling is needed.

On my desktop, my page comes up way short with the bottom of the footer 2 inches from the bottom of the screen.

I can adjust the padding on either screen to get everything to fit without scrolling either way, but only that screen will display things properly; the other screen will not. Is there a way to get a display like this, which requires no scrolling on either of my screens? http://www.sully-movie.com/#gallery

The slideshow example is just to help illustrate the height differential; if I fill the screen with text and image in the rows, the result is the same: the page height will differ between screens.

What am I missing, here?

Thanks in advance!
Eric

Hello Eric,

It doesn’t look like a theme issue. You can try to contact slider plugin support and see what they say.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I think it is a theme issue because no matter what kind of content is created on the page, the heigh is always different across screens. I only used the plugin example to get the idea across clearly but my question is is there a way to get the height matching on displays of different sizes.

Eric, it’s completely normal. However, default Sydney header slider always fits the screen. But there is a price, slides are automatically cut vertically or horizontally to achieve that.

You can provide a link to the page that contains the slider that you mentioned if you want me to check if some easy workaround can be applied there.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Understood. I’ll send a link within the hour. Thanks!

Eric

May I send you a PM with the link? I’m trying to keep the site under wraps for the time being.

Hello Eric, I got your private message, thank you.

I checked that page and the page that you mentioned as an example, but I don’t think that there is an easy way to achieve that behavior. It looks like this issue requires some coding and testing on different screen resolutions, this goes beyond our support policy. It’s considered advanced customization. As an option, you can contact Codeable for this kind of service, or find a reputable freelancer on Upwork.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

Thanks for checking, and for the tip to Codeable. I’ve found a few coding solutions that may work, so I’m sure it’ll work out fine. I appreciate the support.

Best,
Eric

You are welcome Eric!

Kind Regards, Roman.