Make the SideBar Navigation non collapsible

Heya!

Loving the Perth template so far, but is there an easy way to change the behavior of the sidebar navigation? At the moment I have a navigation somewhat like this:

Menu Item 1
  Submenu Item 1
  Submenu Item 2
  Submenu Item 3
Menu Item 2
Menu Item 3
  Submenu Item 1
  Submenu Item 2

and so forth. Now with the collapsible javascript animation I only see the “Menu Item 1, 2 and 3” and have to mouseover those to see the submenu Items. Can’t I just deactivate this and have a regular non collapsible navigation where every item is shown all the time?

Oh and this should only apply to the sidebar navigation. On the top mainbar navigation I love the collapsible menu.

Got back to this project after winter break and still can’t figure out if this is even possible. No help? Anyone?

I think I found the JS code in the themes\perth\js\main.js file. It says this:

//Menu dropdown animation
jQuery(function($) {
$(’.sub-menu’).hide();
$(’.main-navigation .children’).hide();
$(’.menu-item’).hover(
function() {
$(this).children(’.sub-menu’).slideDown();
},
function() {
$(this).children(’.sub-menu’).hide();
}
);
$(’.main-navigation li’).hover(
function() {
$(this).children(’.main-navigation .children’).slideDown();
},
function() {
$(this).children(’.main-navigation .children’).hide();
}
);
});

There’s also a bit in the perth\js\main.min.js file.

jQuery(function(e){e(".sub-menu").hide(),e(".main-navigation .children").hide(),e(".menu-item").hover(function(){e(this).children(".sub-menu").slideDown()},function(){e(this).children(".sub-menu").hide()})

Since I’m really not into JS, does anyone have an idea what I have to change to stop the animation and just show the sub-menu all the time?

So, I just commented out the first potion of the JQuery call in the perth\js\main.min.js file like this:

————————————————————————————
jQuery(function(e){/e(".sub-menu").hide(),e(".main-navigation .children").hide(),e(".menu-item").hover(function(){e(this).children(".sub-menu").slideDown()},function(){e(this).children(".sub-menu").hide()}),/e(".main-navigation li").hover(function(){e(this).
————————————————————————————

and it seems to work. Not beautiful, as I would’ve hoped to use a css snipped or something to disable the function / change the class of the sub menu elements or something, but it seems to work. Even though I’m not sure if this will cause any problems along the way. As well as having to do it every time I update the theme.