Make "Latest Posts" widget display a single post

Hello! Is it possible to make the Astrid FP Latest Posts widget only show one post? I update my blog very infrequently and would prefer having a single page-width post instead of room for three. Thank you for your help!

Hello Taupa,

Please try to do the following.

1. Create a new category for your latest post (for example, latest post) and assign it to your latest post.

2. Open your home page in Customizer (log in to your website and click Customize button in top bar), go to WidgetsPage - Homepage → expand Astrid FP: Latest News widget → add that category slug into Enter the slug for your category or leave empty to show posts from all categories. field → click Save & Publish button.

3. Add the following CSS code.

You can add CSS code to your site with Simple Custom CSS plugin (just copy CSS code and paste it in Dashboard → Appearance → Custom CSS after installing and activating the plugin). Also you can add CSS code directly to style.css file of your child theme.

section.atframework_posts_widget {
    text-align: center;
}

@media only screen and (min-width: 768px) {
    section.atframework_posts_widget div.blog-post {
        min-width: 707px;
    }
}

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

It works!! Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

You are welcome Taupa!

It’s great that it works :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thank you so much. This worked like a charm for me as well.
Although I have some further customization questions.
As you can see here www.rethinkingmemory.com if you scroll down to “Neuester Beitrag”.
So my questions would be:

• If I choose custom text color in the picker the clickable headline will take up that color as well and not stay yellow. How can I make sure the title displays in yellow? and How can I make sure the link text in the box also stays yellow as well?

• How can I entirely remove the Date, Category and the 2 bars above and below it + remove the entire preview text so that only the tumbnail and the headline remains.

• how can I remove the entire “show all box” if I would want to remove it still?

Thank you very much for your help!

Hello @Florian,

Please create a separate topic for each of your issues to keep the forum in good order and make it easier to help you. Hope for your understanding.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support