Make full-width "FP Latest Post" widget only show one post

Hello! You were incredibly kind to help me make the Latest Post widget full-width a few days ago (https://athemes.com/forums/topic/make-latest-posts-widget-display-a-single-post/), but now I’ve encountered a new problem.

When I have more than one news post the posts stack on top of one another. Is there a way to only have one visible?

My website is: www.darcycoates.com

The custom code I’m currently using is:

section.atframework_posts_widget {
    text-align: center;
}

@media only screen and (min-width: 768px) {
    section.atframework_posts_widget div.blog-post {
        min-width: 707px;
    }
}

Thank you for any help you can give!

Hello Taupa,

Did you follow first and second step in the topic that you mentioned above?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thank you for the quick reply, Roman! I did Step One, but I didn’t follow Step Two, because that would seem to limit the posts shown on the front page to just one category. My posts are in three different categories. I could combine them into a single category if that solves the problem, but I’d prefer not to if it’s possible.

I guess I could have a separate category - such as “front page” - that only has one post at a time in it, and manually change the category for the previous post whenever a new one is added. But I’d be really grateful if there was a simpler solution.

Hello Taupa,

I meant that you can create additional category and leave your current categories, so that additional category can be something like a tag for the widget. I think that it’s the simplest solution in your case.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thanks Roman!

Just to check - will the news update to the lastest post whenever I post something new, even if it’s in a different category?

I’m sorry if I’m being dense, I’m just having some trouble wrapping my head around it!

No, you will have to assign category to new post and remove that category from previous post that was displaying in widget.

Please let me know if you need more help.

Kind Regards, Roman.