Main Navigation Menu (Attention: Kharisblank)

Hi Harris,
I’ll like to appreciate you for your support on this forum.
I have an Issue rearranging the Main Navigation Menu (Home, Services, etc) on my site in the order I want it. Can you please guide me to put this in order?

Secondly, I’ll like to space the widgets in the footer of my site. For instance, I have “Quick Links” and “Connect us on Social”. The items under both widgets are too close to each other. How can I space them out please?
Thank you in anticipation for your prompt support.
If you require a link to the site, please find it here:digmarto.com

Hello,

Kharis is temporarily unavailable, so please let me try to help you :slight_smile:

I have an Issue rearranging the Main Navigation Menu (Home, Services, etc) on my site in the order I want it. Can you please guide me to put this in order?

You can edit your menu in Appearance → Menus section, and simply drag the menu items to rearrange them. Here is the WordPress Menu User Guide, by the way:
https://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Menu_User_Guide

I’ll like to space the widgets in the footer of my site. For instance, I have “Quick Links” and “Connect us on Social”. The items under both widgets are too close to each other. How can I space them out please?

First please remove three empty menu items from your social menu, then add this CSS code in Customize → Additional CSS section:

section.widget_pages ul.children {
    padding-top: 20px;
}

section.widget_pages ul.children li:last-child {
    padding-bottom: 0;
}

section.widget.widget_pages ul li {
    padding-bottom: 25px;
}

ul.social-media-list li {
    margin: 25px;
}

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hi Roman,

Thank you so much for the assistance. I’ll like to let you know that the CSS code worked well to space out the widget in the footer. Thumbs up Man.

However, I need more help. Firstly, I didn’t understand how to remove the three empty menu items you asked me to remove from social.

Secondly, I followed the instruction provided to reorder the menu but did not work still on my site. I created a new menu apart from the social where I added the main navigation menus in the order I want them but no change.

Lastly, Can you please guide me to hide the children pages under the “Services” in the footer? I only like to see the “Services” under the “Quick Links” in the footer. I want the children like content marketing, social media marketing and others to be hidden. Thank you so much for your helpful support.

Hello,

However, I need more help. Firstly, I didn’t understand how to remove the three empty menu items you asked me to remove from social.

First you can edit that widget and check which menu is selected there. Then you can edit that menu in Appearance → Menus section.

Secondly, I followed the instruction provided to reorder the menu but did not work still on my site.

Please make sure that you save your changes after editing a menu. However, it might be a caching issue, please check this WordPress Support article:
https://wordpress.org/support/article/i-make-changes-and-nothing-happens/

Can you please guide me to hide the children pages under the “Services” in the footer? I only like to see the “Services” under the “Quick Links” in the footer.

Try to add this CSS code in CustomizeAdditional CSS section in order to hide them:

section.widget_pages ul.children {
    display: none;
}

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Many thanks, Roman. The code worked perfectly.

1 Like

You are welcome! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support