Main Menu Dropdown Not Working After Wordpress 5.5 Update

Hi everyone, has anyone noticed that the dropdown function for their main menu has stopped working after the Wordpress 5.5 update? It’s possible that one of my plugins is interfering, but it seems like the latest update is the most likely culprit.

If the Wordpress 5.5 update is the problem, is there any way around it, or do we have to wait until Hiero gets updated?

Hello there,

I hope you’re doing well today. Thank you for contacting us about our theme Hiero.

I am sorry to hear that you have been running into issues after WordPress update. I am happy to help out!

I am going to inspect this further on my test site and troubleshoot it. I will be back to as soon as I found the solution.

To confirm whether it is a site-specific issue or not, can you share a link of your website in resonse to my reply here?

Stay safe.
Have an excellent day :slight_smile:

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hello there,

I’d like to update you that I am accepting this as a bug due to script conflict involves on the Hiero theme side when running WordPress 5.5.

I will flag this to our development team to see and fix it shortly. Extremely sorry for the inconvenience :frowning: . I really appreciate your patience.

Stay safe.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

2 Likes

Thanks for the update, Kharis. Will this automatically apply to the Hiero theme, or should I look for a Hiero theme update in the near future?

You’re most welcome!

The fix will be included in the near future version update. So you just need to update the theme via Dashboard > Themes screen and it will automatically fix the issue.

Stay safe.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi Kharis, I just implemented the latest Hiero update to ReptiFiles.com, but the dropdown feature still doesn’t seem to be working.

Hi,

Thank you for getting back

As checked from the source code of your site, your site is still running Hiero 1.8.2.

Perhaps the active cache you’ve enabled with WP Rocket blocking the last changes and forcing web browser to load the cached version of your site. Please flush it and try reloading your site to check the changes once again.

Stay safe.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Yup, that did it! Wow, I’m so embarrassed that I didn’t think of that. :sweat_smile:

Thanks again for all of your help! Issue officially resolved.

Hi,

Glad to hear that everything worked fine now. Thank you for letting us know.

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Stay safe.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

These answers were really helpful !!
SkateboardsLife