MailChimp subscriber popup not working + not loading website

Hi there,

I can see some threads with people saying the same thing - that their MailChimp subscriber pop up form is not working. Not only is my pop up not working, but when I insert the code into a page (or a post or widget or header/footer), the whole website itself does not load. It’s stuck on the loading symbol.

I have tried inserting the subscriber pop up form code:
-Into a HTML widget on my footer and sidebar
-On my homepage into some text
-Into my footer (using a widget AND using the ‘Insert Headers and Footers’ plugin)
-Into a post. I currently have the code inserted in one of my posts to show that it does not load (the page, nor the pop up form)- see the link here: https://queenofswordsmedia.com/2018/02/27/day-life-social-media-manager/

I contacted MailChimp support and this is what they said: “I ran a debugger and see that there are conflicts with the Javascript on your page. I went ahead and took the coding directly from the source code of your website and tested it outside of WordPress. The form worked for me when tested and I was able to process a test sign up.”

I am at a loss as to what to do… I’m not very familiar with coding so I’m a bit hesitant to poke around in the Editor section.

Any tips please?

Thank you so much!
-Chelsea

Hello Chelsea, you can try to use this plugin:

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman

Thanks for your reply! I am currently using that plugin as well - I have made a subscriber sign up form (not a pop up) that’s imbedded into my footer. Seems to work fine.

As far as I’m aware I can’t make a pop up version in this plugin (or use the code from my existing pop up I made in MailChimp itself)? Or make a second/different sign up form in this plug in?

Please tell me otherwise, and I’ll go have a check again myself - but that would help solve my problem I think if it does work!

Thank you!
Chelsea

Hello Chelsea,

That plugin description mentions Boxzilla Pop-ups plugin as an add-on, you can try to use it:

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman

I tried out Boxzilla and have had success! I took the shortcode from the form made in the ‘MailChimp for Wordpress’ plugin and slotted it in Boxzilla. Works as I wanted it to so I’m happy.

Thank you for you help!
Chelsea

Great! You are welcome Chelsea :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.