Lost gallery after update

Hi Vlad

I just updated my theme and lost a gallery. When I looked in my admin, the gallery pics and information was still listed. I know this is probably a stupid question but I just want to get the gallery back as it was and I’m not sure how to. Again I’m more of a designer than a programmer - this is my first wordpress build.

Here’s my site url: www.stilehomes.net

Here’s the error message:
The following files “gallery-template.php” and “gallery-single-template.php” were not found in the directory of your theme. Please copy them from the directory /wp-content/plugins/gallery-plugin/template/ to the directory of your theme for the correct work of the Gallery plugin

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/asalerno22/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gallery-plugin/gallery-plugin.php:251) in /home/asalerno22/public_html/wp-admin/post.php on line 233

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/asalerno22/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gallery-plugin/gallery-plugin.php:251) in /home/asalerno22/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1178

Thanks.
A

Hey,

I don’t see how this is related to the theme :slight_smile:
You probably copied those files that the plugin indicates inside the theme folder. Then you updated the theme and when you do that all files that don’t belong to the theme are removed.
You have two options:

• create a child theme and place those files in the child theme. This may or may not work depending on how the plugin is built;
  • remember to always put the files right after you update the theme.

Sorry, just noticed you said this is your first time running WP. This is how it works: when you update a theme or a plugin all direct modifications (including file additions) are removed.

understood - can you point me in the direction of a free online class i can take regarding wp development?

i.e. http://www.w3schools.com or khanacademy or something? I can’t find anything that shows some of the advanced things that can be done with wp and also the basic structure of how a wp website works. i’ve watched a bunch of youtube videos but I haven’t found one that gets into the specifics of how the whole thing works.

Regarding this gallery issue - i’m going to try to de-activate, re-activate, and rebuild the gallery from scratch. ps the plugin is “gallery Version 4.2.8 | By BestWebSoft”

thx.
a

You don’t have to rebuild the gallery because the content is still there as you noticed. You just need to re-add those files you’ve added the first time. The plugin looks for them, doesn’t find them and thus generates the error.

You’ll probably find all the Wordpress related info you need on the Codex.

Ok thank you.