Lose formatting when uploaded

Hi,

I’ve created a new site on my local machine. All has worked well but now it’s uploaded to my live site it appears to have lost all the formatting. If I go to edit my home page all the rows and widgets appear to have vanished. I have no idea what’s going on. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Alex

Dear Alex,

Could you confirm that you have tried the following?

1. Exporting XML data from local site. Tools > Export > All Content > Download Export File
  2. Then import the XML file to the live site. Tools > Import > WordPress

Could you please explain to us in brief how you transferred your site?

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,

Thanks for your response. I can confirm that I have indeed completed steps 1 and 2 mentioned above.

In terms of uploading the site, I backed up the database on my local install through MyPHP, created a new blank database on the live site and imported the one from my local.

Using FileZilla I uploaded the the whole wordpress site folder from my local install to the public folder on the live site.

I then edited the database and entered the correct website URL and Home address using MyPHP on the live site. Finally I edited the config-wp file so it had the correct database details.

Everything seemed to work ok and the site was live but the formatting was incorrect.

Does this make sense?

Regards,

Alex

Dear Alex,

Indeed that makes sense.

Could you please give me a temporary access to your site admin area so I can have a closer look? Please send the login credentials to my email kharisblank at gmail dotcom with the link to this topic.

Regards,
Kharis

Thanks Kharis,

I have just emailed your gmail with site URL and credentials to give you access. Please let me know if you need anything more.

Thanks

Alex