List all the required plugins to run Sydney demo

Can someone help me with all the required plugins for Sydney theme.

I was having issue with “Our work” section but after I installed sydney-portfolio plugin, It works but now I am not getting the filter option.

Also, the background image behind the testinomials are missing. Can someone help please.

Hello @sooraz123,

1. Here is example of shortcode that goes to simple text widget to add portfolio masonry, [sydney-masonry posts=“10” show_all_text=“See all” post_type=“projects” filter=“yes” include=“nature,science,landscapes”]. Please adjust it to your needs and make sure thatinclude="" part contains your own categories.

Then you might want to categorize your projects. If you will not see Categories widget from the right side when editing your project, then please go to your Dashboard -> Types -> Post Types -> Projects -> scroll to Taxonomies to be used with Project section -> uncheck Categories checkbox -> click Save Post Type -> check Categories checkbox again -> click Save Post Type again.

1. I’m not sure what is your issue with testimonials background. Can you please provide more details and some explanatory screenshots?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thanks @roman. I was missing the plugin for portgolio. I got the images, though the filter is not there.

I tried your answer regarding the filter/cartegory, didn’t work for me

Okay @sooraz123,

Can you please provide your shortcode to allow me to check it?

Kind Regards, Roman.

t

Ok, So under projects, every projects needed the above trick. I mean Uncheck and check the category and It worked.

Thanks Roman

Also, Is it possible to change the grid size? I mean instead of 5 images, Can we have 4 images per grid or something like that?

thanks Roman, you’re awesome AF

You are welcome :slight_smile:

@sooraz123:
Yes, it is possible to change the grid size. But this task requires some coding and testing, so this goes beyond our support policy. It’s considered advanced customization.

As an option, you can contact Codeable for this kind of service, or find a freelancer on Upwork.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi @roman!

My category was not showing on my Projects plugin in my admin side so I tried to uncheck/check Categories in Taxonomies to be used with Project.

It didn’t let me save because of the slug: “projects”.
“You cannot use this slug because it is already used or a reserved word. Please choose a different slug.”

So I’ve made the terrible mistake of changing the slug to “project” instead of “projects” and now all my projects have disappeared from my frontpage.

The good news is now Category is showing in my plugin.

What shall I do to fix my mistake? Thanks

Nevermind I fixed it. I didn’t realize I had a page called projects already, so I change the name of the page, changed the slug in the Post Type back to projects and it’s all working again.

Hello @kim00n,

It’s great that you fixed it yourself, and thank you for sharing a solution.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have in future.

Kind Regards, Roman.