LinkedIn add for employees

Hi Vlad and all the athemes team,
thanks for the gorgeous theme, really a PRO work for a free WP theme.

I would like to ask you how to add a LinkedIn button to the employees page. This is the website new.ehi.net .

Thanks again for all the work, I wish you all a good week.

Riccardo

Hi,

Sorry, there is no support for Linkedin for the employees at the moment. All you can do is replace one of the other ones that maybe you don’t need with the Linkedin logo using a bit of custom CSS.

Thanks Vlad for the prompt answer, I decided to take G+ away, for whoever may need the same fix, I just changed the Icon Name in the fp-employee.php code, the one inside “<i class=“fa fa-google-plus”></i>” to fa-linkedin.

Cheers
Ric

Hey Vlad –

I bought Sydney Pro. I’m making a corporate website, and would like to add the LinkedIn icon for the user to see when they mouse-over the employee’s thumbnail, and on clicking the icon, go to the employee’s LinkedIn profile.

How do I change it in a manner that future theme updates won’t overwrite my work either? You can see the site at www.sarvaiya.net.

Thanks,
Kirit.

ehi kirit,
try to take a look at this post:

Ric

Hi All,

Where exactly do I go to replace the icon names? I’d like to switch google plus with linkedin too!

Thanks a lot

N

Hi All, Where exactly do I go to replace the icon names? I’d like to switch google plus with linkedin too! Thanks a lot N
I decided to take G+ away, for whoever may need the same fix, I just changed the Icon Name in the fp-employee.php code, the one inside “<i class=”fa fa-google-plus”></i>” to fa-linkedin.
here you go

I had used this fix (“I decided to take G+ away, for whoever may need the same fix, I just changed the Icon Name in the fp-employee.php code, the one inside “<i class=”fa fa-google-plus”></i>” to fa-linkedin.”) previously on my site and today just updated my theme.

I had a child theme in place, but the overwrite was not working (or so I thought). I went back and activated the main Sydney theme and changed the code in the archive-employees.php file to update with the fix above. It is NOT changing the icons from Twitter or G+. Caching is currently turned off on the site and the only other change was the update ran for the original theme.

The page that has the issues is: www.newaitp.org/about/boardofdirectors.

Assistance to fix this appreciated!

I resolved the previous issue. The change also needed to be made under the widgets/fp-employees.php file.

Hi, I made this same code adjustment to my Sydney theme but the linkedin icon does not appear & i am left with just an empty circle. I don’t understand what I could have done wrong? Help!

https://corerisksolutions.com.au/about-us/meet-the-team/