Link Preview with Header Media

When you paste a URL into a post, on social media, the server automatically grabs the title and description from the linked website and lets you select a thumbnail image from those available on the linked site.

When I am trying to copy and paste the link from my website into a message or post - no image is showing up in the header media area even though there is an image uploaded. It is also pulling a description from the testimonial on my home page - but I would like to change the little blurb that is sent with the link.

Please help!!

Hello @bdesign123,

Please check this tutorial, it might help you:

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Yes, that will fix the issue for the social media posts - but anytime I try and share the link (via smartphone) No image shows up and obviously in that setting, I can’t select an image.

Is there something within the theme that I can adjust to update that header media?

Thank you!

Hello @bdesign123,

Can you please provide more details about smartphone sharing process?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Yes. For example. Let’s say I want to send someone a link to this website in a text message - the smart phone will automatically create a live link in the text thread that shows a thumbnail image and a little blurb about the website.

The same thing for when sharing the link within a Facebook direct message - it auto populates an image and text blurb - but right now NO image is showing up and the text blurb is pulling from a testimonial on the site which had a spelling error in it. However, I fixed the spelling error on the site but the blurb in the link that shows up, is still wrong.

At one point, I had an image showing up for me as the thumbnail, but I tried to change the image and now nothing is showing up at all. Try for yourself… http://arinwallington.com

Just copy and paste that link within a Facebook message and you will be able to see the issue.

Hello @bdesign123,

Did you try to set Image, Title, and Description for each page and post using Yoast SEO plugin?

Kind Regards, Roman.

I only did it for the home page. I will try adding all of those for each page and see if that helps. If not, I will be back!! Thank you!

Okay @bdesign123, feel free to leave here a note :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.

OK! So it looks like I was able to change the text that appears in the link - but where in the Yoast SEO plugin can you add an image? I can’t find that option!

Thank you!

Hello @bdesign123,

Did you try to upload Facebook Image?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Ok! I got it figured out!! Thank you so much!

Great! You are welcome @bdesign123! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.