Link picture employees widget Perth Pro homepage

Hello support team,

I have a question about the Perth Pro Theme

Is it possible to link the picture (also) to the page behind the employees? Not only the link under the employee picture? (Employee widget homepage)

Thanks,

Tjeerd

Hi Tjeerd,

To add link to the employee pict, firstly you have to create a child theme and activate the theme, then follow the steps below:

1. Duplicate file “widgets/fp-employees.php” to your child theme
  2. Open file “widgets/fp-employees.com” in your child theme then change this line:
    <?php the_post_thumbnail(‘perth-medium-thumb’); ?>

to:

<?php if ($link == '') : ?>
    <?php the_post_thumbnail('perth-medium-thumb'); ?>
<?php else : ?>
    <a href="<?php echo esc_url($link); ?>"><?php the_post_thumbnail('perth-medium-thumb'); ?></a>
<?php endif; ?>
  1. Open functions.php in your child theme then add this line:
    require get_template_directory() . "-child/widgets/fp-employees.php";

2. Open functions.php in your child theme then replace this line:
    require get_template_directory() . "/widgets/fp-employees.php";

to:
// require get_template_directory() . "/widgets/fp-employees.php";

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Awan

hello,
I have a similar problem trying to enhance the widgets/fp-testimonials.php file, enclosing the image into an html link so that it links to the relative content. I’m able to modify what is needed in the original fp-testimonials.php file, but unfortunately, trying to apply all the modifications via a child template adapting the exact steps reported above (create the child theme, copy the pertaining file reproducing paths, relinking in functions.php appending the -child suffix), produces the error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Sydney_Testimonials in /my/path/to/files/wp-content/themes/sydney/widgets/fp-testimonials.php on line 144

Why it still complains about redeclaring the original class if I’m including a different file from a different path in functions.php?

here is what I have in functions.php (the rest of the child theme functionalities are ok, since the output includes all modifications from the child style.css)

<?php

ini_set('display_errors', 1);
ini_set('display_startup_errors', 1);
error_reporting(E_ALL);

function my_theme_enqueue_styles() {

$parent_style = 'parent-style'; // This is 'twentyfifteen-style' for the Twenty Fifteen theme.

wp_enqueue_style( $parent_style, get_template_directory_uri() . '/style.css' );
    wp_enqueue_style( 'child-style',
        get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . '/style.css',
        array( $parent_style ),
        wp_get_theme()->get('Version')
    );
}
add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'my_theme_enqueue_styles' );

require get_template_directory() . "-child/widgets/fp-testimonials.php";
?>

thanks in advance

Hi there,

I am sorry, there is typo on writing the 4th step, here you go:
>>
4. Open functions.php in your theme then replace this line:
require get_template_directory() . "/widgets/fp-employees.php";

to:
// require get_template_directory() . "/widgets/fp-employees.php";

Regards,
Awan

thanks, that solved the problem. Since, as far as I can imagine, in case of an update of the original parent template, the commented section would be replaced, is it possible to achieve the same result without any modification of the parent package?

Thanks meanwhile with the workaround

Nope, still need to make a little changes to the parent theme thought.