Link in Skills Widget

Is there a way to place a link in the skills widget to another page that elaborates on the skills?

Hello, no sorry, it can’t be done without modifying theme, in fact single file theme folder > widgets > fp-skills.php. Additional field for button should be added.

Thank you for that info dimikjones!

I would love to know how to do that! Would you be able to offer some help?

I made changes for you, just replace fp-skills.php file with this one. You will now have option to add button text and link.

Also consider using child theme since on next theme update changes will be lost.

Excellent!! Thank you!

I will look into the child theme as well.

Thank you again!!

I have a question. I added the fp-skills.php file posted here to my child theme’s folder directly and since the latest theme update the button went away.

In researching, I found the original fp-skills.php is in the “widgets” folder for the parent theme. So I added a “widgets” folder to my child theme folder and placed the modified fp-skills.php file there, but still nothing.

I have also enqueued using the following code I found online but even still nothing.

<?php

add_action( ‘wp_enqueue_scripts’, ‘enqueue_parent_theme_style’ );
function enqueue_parent_theme_style() {
wp_enqueue_style( ‘parent-style’, get_template_directory_uri().’/style.css’ );
}

?>

What am I doing wrong?

That’s not how it works for widgets. You cannot simply drop them in your child theme. Do a search for unregister_widget on these forums and you’ll see some examples.

Got it working! Thank you Vlad!