Line and Paragraph Spacing

I’m been browsing this (and many other) threads regarding line and paragraph spacing, but I haven’t found a solution to my particular spacing issue.

My site: http://www.SpiritusAdvising.com seems to have some spacing issues that I can’t figure out in both post text and in page test. The text is all bunched with not enough space to allow readers easiness on the eye.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Hello @kmart1150,

It looks like you have already resolved your issue with this custom CSS rule:

body, p {
    line-height: 60px !important;
}

You can also try to use something like this in order to make line height flexible, it will change with font size in this case:

body {
    line-height: 1.7 !important;
}

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi @roman, many thanks for the note…it seems once I flush the cashe this custom css works on the line spacing…I do notice that on some of my blog posts the formatting is still all over the place, spacing of line and paragraphs still not consistent.

Also…AND THIS IS IMPORTANT TOO: every time I run google page-tester and/or any other page speed program the same issues keep coming up (i.e. render-blocking Java/.CSS issues)…I’ve downloaded and activated the “Above The Fold Optimization” plug-in, but when I activate it, all of my forms created with MailChimp now do not work…and I can’t figure out for the life of me on how to improve page performance, like solving the CSS/Java issues/PageLoad (as right now I’m loading at 9.2 sec!) and that’s just going to kill any possible conversions from my marketing efforts -which I’ve had on hold for over a week while I try to figure this out.

Any help would be huge and really appreciated! Thank you, in advance…(BTW, I do love the theme, its very slick.)

Hello @kmart1150,

1. Can you please specify your formatting issues?

2. It looks like you have some server issues (503 Service Unavailable errors), can you please contact your hosting provider regarding this and see what they say?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi @roman,

I was having issues with the following pages: ‘IoT Consulting’, ‘Corporate Sustainability’, and ‘Building Controls’; these pages were not formatting like my blog pages were…this seems to have been fixed overnight. All of the pages of the site now render (format) correctly, based on the custom css code you had me put in. I’ll contact service provider today about the 503 issue.

The additional thing I added based on previous posts you’ve suggested custom css code for other folks was for the ‘Latest News’ widget. I’d like to make the blog titles that appear in the widget on the homepage bigger. In order to do this I’ve added the following custom .css:

}
.widget_sydney_latest_news_type_b h4.entry-title a {
font-size: 32px !important;
color: #00a056 !important;
}

This doesn’t seem to be working.

Also, lastly, do you have any suggestions on how to boost the performance of the site? I see there is a lag in initial load-time and render-blocking java that keeps coming up in my page test reports. My guess is a lot of that java/css I do not need as my homepage inst using the animated test etc.

Any help would be great, as my site really needs to be immediate load when potential clients visit to validate me.

Thank you,
kevin

Hello Kevin,

Please try to use the following CSS code.

You can add CSS code to your site with Simple Custom CSS plugin (just copy CSS code and paste it in Dashboard → Appearance → Custom CSS after installing and activating the plugin). Also you can add CSS code directly to style.css file of your child theme.

.widget_sydney_latest_news div.blog-post > h4.entry-title > a {
    font-size: 27px;
}

Speed optimization is quite serious task, this goes beyond our support policy.

As an option, you can contact Codeable for this kind of service, or find a freelancer on Upwork.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi @roman, this worked perfectly. Thanks so much for all the help on these items. I’ll be sure to check out those resources for the optimization.

Thanks, again. Stellar support; happy I went with this theme.

Cheers,
Kevin

You are welcome Kevin,

It’s great that you are happy with Sydney theme and support!

By the way, it would be nice if you leave your feedback for Sydney theme on WordPress.org, here is a quick link :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.