License Status Unknown

I recently renewed Sydney Pro. I used it the day of the renewal and it was fine. I am trying to add the license key in and get an error of License status unknown. I removed the license key, saved it, then attempted again and got the same error. My renewal payment went through fine. What can be causing this and I do I fix it?

Hello,

I’ll ask person that handles license issues to check your problem, let’s see what he says.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi,

When you renew you don’t need to re-enter your key or anything. It will simply carry on working.

Charlie

It was for a new site. The key was never used on this one.

Can you create a new admin user with the email charlie[at]athemes.com so I can login and take a look?

Charlie

Thank you Charlie! You should have received the email from WordPress.

I have one other question. I’m trying to get the call to action button on the homepage link to the Workshop page. I used SiteOrigin and created an ID for the page, but I can’t get it to work. I’m sure this is a really stupid mistake but I can’t figure out what I’m missing.

Thank you so much for your help! I love this theme and you guys have been great to work with!

It’s because you’re using the old version of Sydney Pro. The newer version starts with a 2.

You can download the new version from athemes.com/your-account (it’s called Sydney Pro 2)

This goes over the upgrade process: https://docs.athemes.com/article/244-how-to-upgrade-to-sydney-pro-2

Hello,

Regarding your CTA button issue, please create a new topic for it to keep forum in good order and make it easier to help you.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thank you! I appreciate it!

This is what I see when I click on View Upgrades. I tried on Chrome and Internet Explorer as well as my mobile device.

I thought that I did download 2 last year, however, when I tried to upload it, I got an error message ;
Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

Destination folder already exists. /home/content/a2pewpnaspod05_data05/13/41571313/html/wp-content/themes/sydney-pro-ii/

Theme installation failed.

It won’t allow me to attach the file, but it’s
sydney-pro-ii-1.zip

(2,094K)

I downloaded it last January.

Thanks!

It seems like you have already installed it then. Try looking in Appearance > Themes

I do! So…back to my original question and why it won’t take the key?

Have you tried since you were given access?

Just touching base to get this resolved. Thanks!

Hello, did you follow these instructions?
https://docs.athemes.com/article/244-how-to-upgrade-to-sydney-pro-2

Kind Regards, Roman.

Yes. The platform is updated to the Sydney 2. It is correctly installed, and your team double checked and confirmed that. However, it is still showing the API key is unknown despite this. You have access to the back end to see what I see to see what I may be missing, however the cycle has been: API key is unknown> Solution is to Update to Sydney Pro 2 and it will work. > Recognize that Sydney 2 is updated > You are updated! Great Job! > I still get unknown API. What is wrong? > Solution is to update to Sydney Pro 2 (repeat)
What am I possibly missing?

Okay, that’s strange.

I’ll ask Charlie to check it once again.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman!
I never heard back for a resolution and it’s still doing it on this site as well as another site. I haven’t been able to activate any themes since I renewed. I love this theme and would love to still use and suggest aThemes. What do I need to do to get this resolved?

Hi,

Can you please send me an email (charlie[at]athemes.com) with the site address so I can look it up? Presumably I have an email somewhere with login information.

I emailed you at the address you requested last week and gave access to the WordPress site but have not heard anything back as of yet. Can you give me an update to what is going on? If I’m not longer able to use this theme, then please just refund me and I’ll find another one I like just as much.

Thanks!

Sorry, missed your emails.

I now know what the issue is. You are using Sydney Pro 1.57 when the latest version is 2.0 The license key you have is for 2.0. We have an article here on how to upgrade: https://docs.athemes.com/article/244-how-to-upgrade-to-sydney-pro-2

1 Like